Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

How can towns and kp both be once in a decade players. Are u a multi verser?

You're right. KAT is actually a once in TWO decade player. He reminds me so much of KG with the versatility in his game at his size and strength. He won't defend like KG could but he'll more than make up with his outside shooting which I think will improve this season.

I think you're the only fan that thinks so I'm not gonna bother.

Just a matter of personal opinion. It cant be proven or disproven at this point. I just think "once in a decade" is used too loosely like most sport cliche phrases.

No need for either of us to bother with it at this time.

Edit: I'm not an Expert on Towns so maybe I haven't seen enough of him.

Just a matter of personal opinion. It cant be proven or disproven at this point. I just think "once in a decade" is used too loosely like most sport cliche phrases.

Post all star towns averaged almost 21 and 11

I love the backtracking. It's cute.

"KAT isn't a once in decade player. Disclaimer: I have no idea who KAT is"

This is what passes for opinions these days. Please, have your personal opinion.

He is the ninth player overall to be named named Rookie of the Month every month, joining Damian Lillard (2012-13), Blake Griffin (2010-11), Chris Paul (2005-06), LeBron James (2003-04), Carmelo Anthony (2003-04) and Tim Duncan (1997-98).

He became the 26th rookie in NBA history to average 18 points and 10 rebounds per game. Only two of those players had a higher field goal percentage than Towns: Shaquille O’Neal and Tim Duncan.

There have only been seven rookies who have averaged at least 18 points, 10 rebounds, and 1.5 blocks, while shooting over 50% from the field since blocks officially became a statistic in 1973-74. Towns essentially joined a murderers' row of NBA legends by accomplishing the feat this year:

Player Rookie Season PTS REB BLK FG%

Ralph Sampson 1983-84 21.0 11.1 2.4 52.3%

Hakeem Olajuwon 1984-85 20.6 11.9 2.7 53.8%

David Robinson 1989-90 24.3 12.0 3.9 53.1%

Alonzo Mourning 1992-93 21.0 10.3 3.5 51.1%

Shaquille O'Neal 1992-93 23.4 13.9 3.5 56.2%

Tim Duncan 1997-98 21.1 11.9 2.5 54.9%

Karl-Anthony Towns 2015-16

I can keep going too

I love the backtracking. It's cute.

"KAT isn't a once in decade player. Disclaimer: I have no idea who KAT is"

This is what passes for opinions these days. Please, have your personal opinion.

I can keep going too

Please don't quote me and then change my quote. I said "I'm not an expert and MAYBE I haven't seen enough of him". I believe I have seen enough to form an educated opinion but I could be wrong. I've been wrong before and have no problem with it.

My definition of once in a decade is clearly different than yours. To me you need to change the face of a franchise by winning or lead the winning years on end. This may very well happen. It hasn't yet. I'm not into appointing players as "insert random title" until they have proven it.

I love numbers and I love stats. Towns obviously ranks well in that department.

Please continue to not bother. You looking up the numbers and posting them is much easier for me.

Please don't quote me and then change my quote. I said "I'm not an expert and MAYBE I haven't seen enough of him". I believe I have seen enough to form an educated opinion but I could be wrong. I've been wrong before and have no problem with it.

My definition of once in a decade is clearly different than yours. To me you need to change the face of a franchise by winning or lead the winning years on end. This may very well happen. It hasn't yet. I'm not into appointing players as "insert random title" until they have proven it.

I love numbers and I love stats. Towns obviously ranks well in that department.

Please continue to not bother. You looking up the numbers and posting them is much easier for me.

year 1 LeBron Cleveland won 35 games

Year 1 Dwight Orlando won 36 games

Year 1 Chris Paul the hornets won 38 games

Year 1 Anthony Davis the hornets won 27 games

Year 1 Wade Miami won 42 games but Miami had a full year of eddie jones to go along with Lamar Odom and a bunch of complimentary players.

Year 1 Garnett Minnesota won 26 games

Year 1 Dirk Dallas went 19-31

Year 1 Durant seattle won 20 games

Year 1 Minnesota won 29 games and their coach died right before the season

You're just digging yourself deeper. You can parse words all you want but the basic message of your post is what I wrote, and what most readers of this board might conclude from it. "I'm not an Expert on Towns so maybe I haven't seen enough of him" is preceded by "KAT isn't a once in a decade player." Sounds to me like you're backtracking. If you really don't think he's a once in a decade player I'd love to read why. But if you're not actually an expert or familiar with his game, then, uhm, why pretend like you do?

How about this: Dwight was a once in a decade player for us. After all, he single-handedly changed the face of this franchise which led to many winning seasons according to YOUR definition. Agree or disagree?