Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

after all the moves and him spending a boat load of money Rob has zero players who played in an all star game or got all star accolades last year.... I cant see how we go from now to contender at any point in the near future.

Biyombo and Ibaka were starters for teams that were 1 win away from the finals this year, so you can spit it however you want.

after all the moves and him spending a boat load of money Rob has zero players who played in an all star game or got all star accolades last year.... I cant see how we go from now to contender at any point in the near future.

We do have a three time all defensive first team guy now. That's something

• Upvote 1

Biyombo and Ibaka were starters for teams that were 1 win away from the finals this year, so you can spit it however you want.

Lol what you can't be serious

Do you think we have improved over last seasons roster?

How are you so sure we don't have an future all star on the team presently?

I don't know about most of you but it's exciting because we actually have a legit and better chance of the playoffs than we did last year.

Yeah we may not be not title competitors this year , but who cares? Most teams don't go from bottom dwelling to contenders in one year. You make the playoffs, get better, get playoff experience for the younger guys, and you keep building. Suddenly you're an FA destination because your a playoff team.

People who thought we we're getting a top tier FA the way things went last year were kidding themselves.

We get more appealing by making the playoffs. Simple as that.

Do you think we have improved over last seasons roster?

Well after inking what could be nearly half our salary cap I would hope so.... Short term yes we improved. Long term I seriously doubt it. I think he went all in on a possible one year player which could set us back 3 plus years if he walks (which our centers have been known to do). The rest of the moves shored up a deficiency he should have addressed some time ago but now was forced to address after another year being one of the softest teams in the league. We still lack someone capable of getting 20 per game or even close to it despite blowing through a wad and a half of cash. I will say though guys on one year deals with talent tend to play their a$$es off in that last year so I expect Ibaka to give it his all this year and hopefully the Lakers dont come calling for another of our centers.

Well after inking what could be nearly half our salary cap I would hope so.... Short term yes we improved. Long term I seriously doubt it. I think he went all in on a possible one year player which could set us back 3 plus years if he walks (which our centers have been known to do). The rest of the moves shored up a deficiency he should have addressed some time ago but now was forced to address after another year being one of the softest teams in the league. We still lack someone capable of getting 20 per game or even close to it despite blowing through a wad and a half of cash. I will say though guys on one year deals with talent tend to play their a$$es off in that last year so I expect Ibaka to give it his all this year and hopefully the Lakers dont come calling for another of our centers.

Even close? You know Vuch averaged 18 last year and 19 the year before right? Pretty close to 20 in my book.

With the way this team is built this year we may not need a 20 PPG scorer. Our scoring is going to be well balanced and could have Vucevic, Gordon, Fournier, Ibaka, and Payton all averaging between 12-14 PPG. I'm guessing Green will probably be our leading scorer off the bench getting about 10-12 PPG with Augustin and Hezonja averaging around 10. Then Biyombo may get around 6-9 PPG. We could literally have 6-7 players averaging over 10 PPG for the season. It sucks but it's kind of a blessing that Meeks is hurt for a while because Hezonja will get extensive minutes to help his growth.