Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Whoever it was that told me Biyombo wasn't a max deal, I stand corrected on that statement. However, the point remains he was well overpaid for.

How this fanbase complains about Otis over spending on Rashard Lewis, a vital piece to our NBA Finals team, but then thinks the money we spent on a 5 / 8 guy is warranted is beyond me.

It's because the expectations of this franchise are at an all time low. In no other offseason would we be cheering for Bismack Biyombo. After the last 4 years of "organic growth" we end up with a career backup. Bravo.

This is how delusional we've become.

You're talking about Biyombo having a DPOY impact. Just no dude. We'll be lucky if Biyombo is half that.

He said Wallace/rodman type I.e. Center who blocks shots and rebounds but doesn't score, not that he's going to be them

He said Wallace/rodman type I.e. Center who blocks shots and rebounds but doesn't score, not that he's going to be them

He said "to dominate a game"

If you really think he's going to dominate with just his blocks and rebounds then we just disagree.

He said "to dominate a game"

If you really think he's going to dominate with just his blocks and rebounds then we just disagree.

He sure dominated a few playoff games this year

He sure dominated a few playoff games this year

Even if you believe that, is he better than Jonas Valanciunas? Because Toronto must be crazy to let dominate Biyombo go and not ship out JV.

But this is what I mean about the expectations. We've been so bad that we're signing players based on a small sample of games. Maybe you would have a different attitude had JV not gone down with injury.

Even if you believe that, is he better than Jonas Valanciunas? Because Toronto must be crazy to let dominate Biyombo go and not ship out JV.

But this is what I mean about the expectations. We've been so bad that we're signing players based on a small sample of games. Maybe you would have a different attitude had JV not gone down with injury. Unless you think Biyombo magically changed during those few weeks.

They wanted to. They didn't have his bird rights

But this is what I mean about the expectations. We've been so bad that we're signing players based on a small sample of games. Maybe you would have a different attitude had JV not gone down with injury.

Two different players. Biyombo's an better defensive presence.

Biyombo has always shown he can be an elite defensive player. He just did it with a bigger role on an bigger stage.

They wanted to. They didn't have his bird rights

Still dodging the question.

If he's this dominate guy with his blocks and rebs why not ship out JV? It's cuz he a career back up.

And to your point his bird rights don't mean squat because he was always going to be a backup in Toronto.

Still dodging the question.

If he's this dominate guy with his blocks and rebs why not ship out JV? It's cuz he a career back up.

And to your point his bird rights don't mean squat because he was always going to be a backup in Toronto.

They might've shipped JV eventually if they had resigned Biyombo.

What are you basing your last statement on?

They might've shipped JV eventually if they had resigned Biyombo.

What are you basing your last statement on?

Uhhhh the fact JV>BB? I thought this was pretty much accepted.

You really think BB is going to be better than JV?