Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Mavs

I think you're emotional after a loss. Gordon alone is a massive improvement.

It's also fair to say that as a team, we're playing as badly in 2016 (2 months in now) as we've played at any time during this rebuild in the past four years. I don't think it's just emotion after a loss.

Well, let's see. After last night, we're 26-33. We have 23 games left. We'd have to win 11 of those to get to 37. Anything is possible at the end of the tear when teams going to the playoffs sometimes rest their starters. But just looking at current form, we're 7-20 in 2016 and apparently can't play defense against anybody, even teams who aren't named Golden State. 6 of our wins were against Philly and the Nets, and we have only one more game against either of them. If we keep up the 7-20 pace, we're lucky if we finish with more than 30 wins.

when you limit the sample to include mostly the extremes, you're going to have overly optimistic or pessimistic outlooks.

Phoenix, lakers, sacramento, Denver, Brooklyn, Memphis, Milwaukee. That gets us to 33.

We play Miami 3 times in 15 days so you figure we grab 1 of those.

then we just need to get 3 wins from Chicago x2, Portland, Charlotte x2, Cleveland, Toronto, boston, Detroit x2, Indiana.

also, your math is a bit off. If we continue with 7-20 pace we'll end up with 32 wins... lol. Lucky to win 30 games would be if we were on 4-20 pace.

when you limit the sample to include mostly the extremes, you're going to have overly optimistic or pessimistic outlooks.

Phoenix, lakers, sacramento, Denver, Brooklyn, Memphis, Milwaukee. That gets us to 33.

We play Miami 3 times in 15 days so you figure we grab 1 of those.

then we just need to get 3 wins from Chicago x2, Portland, Charlotte x2, Cleveland, Toronto, boston, Detroit x2, Indiana.

also, your math is a bit off. If we continue with 7-20 pace we'll end up with 32 wins... lol. Lucky to win 30 games would be if we were on 4-20 pace.

I stand corrected. You're right about the 32 wins.

It's also fair to say that as a team, we're playing as badly in 2016 (2 months in now) as we've played at any time during this rebuild in the past four years. I don't think it's just emotion after a loss.

eh, it ebbs and flows. We looked terrible in January. then we looked pretty good from 1/31-2/21. then we looked bad again over the last 5 games.

I honestly think we just need to forget this game. Foul trouble forced weird lineups and Carlisle switched things up to exploit them.

we ran a Shabazz-jennings-watson-ilyasova-smith lineup

a Jennings-oladipo-hezonja-ilyasova-gordon lineup

a payton- Watson- marble- ilyasova- vucevic lineup

a Jennings-Watson-oladipo-ilyasova-smith lineup

and they ran a felton-williams-matthews-parsons-lee lineup against our Payton/Jennings-Watson-oladipo-ilyasova-smith lineup that we couldn't matchup with.

we ran a Shabazz-jennings-watson-ilyasova-smith lineup

I was so mad about this lineup! Ugly basketball. I agree with you though, even at full strength we don't match up well with Dallas. We were lucky to beat them here a couple weeks ago. Take away Fournier and severely limit Gordon and Oladipo by fouls and we didn't stand a chance.