Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Men In Blue Orlando Magic Preview!

Hi, all! Merry Magic Christmas Eve! Okay, but seriously, I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve with the Magic season tipping off tomorrow. I bet you do too!

Anyway, to get you pumped for the opening tip, check out our Magic 2015-16 preview podcast. There was so much to discuss that we broke it into two parts! Part I recaps the preseason and gives the season outlook for our role players. Part II projects the season for our core guys (including the results from our fan survey from last week!), making our NBA predictions, and (of course) our Magic prediction: Playoffs? No playoffs? Find out in episode nine!

This is our last massive preview show for the offseason. Beginning this week (after the opening tip), our shows will be much more concise as we touch on each and every Magic game, Magic topics, and big news from around the NBA. We hope you stay tuned as we've got tons of exciting things coming your way in what will be a fun 2015-16 season!

iTunes: http://t.co/JyTjQLRaee

PodBean: http://t.co/NoRrXmjBqc

Twitter: @meninbluepod

Facebook.com/meninbluepod

You guys believe Hezonja could average 20? I think its possible....on 30 attempts. No coach can't trust him in the system yet. He's going to have to earn that trust by becoming a catalyst in moments that matter. Most of all, he has to outshine all our other scorers in Tobias, Vuc, and Oladipo. I support a balance offense. However, if the Magic discover a match up that Hezonja can exploit, have at it. For now, gravity.

On the ticky tack fouls? I believe the only game that that should be considered is the New Orleans game. A game in which they received 50 plus free throw attempts. In all other games, the Magic didn't play defense well enough.

I doubt the league knows much about Dedmon at all to list him higher than other centers. Dedmon's improvement should only come on defense. Its too late for him to build any type of offensive game. The clean up role is filled by Dedmon and he will throw up prayers on the bad end of offensive possessions.

Nicholson having a attitude problem..... I don't believe I factored that in and doubt it truly is this. In the future, I hope other fans around the NBA can say: Oh, so and so player on our team looks like a "Magic guy". Its a statement that holds players in high regard when someone says a player seems as if they'd be successful within the Spurs scheme. Wanting Nicholson to be successful in our system should be the focus. If we can mask his defense deficiencies, he'd see more floor. The Magic are going to have to become known or defense first most of all.

CJ Watson is a neutral point guard. I've never seen him in major altercations. Looked it up and players only try to provoke him. He doesn't bite but doesn't back down either. Neutrality at its finest. As for his game with the various team's Watson has played with, his performances were average at best. Nothing to get excited about.

I'm looking forward to Gordon replacing Frye completely in position and role. Orlando is so desperately in need of him to do so.

Overall, Nicholson and Frye are most likely the players that'll be packaged together and or traded for dragon ball z cards.

Great podcast. Didn't think I'd write much on it.