Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

OFFICIAL GAMETHREAD: Magic vs Wizards

The thing I didn't like about the last play was that Hezonja was running towards the ball (before it was put inbounds). There was almost no way he could've scored.

We needed one of our best long range shooters facing the basket

I understand that..but we had various fans questioning if we had a timeout. If we did, that's on skiles. If we didn't, then I'd rather they pass the ball in than force it to one of our guards which would have ended in a turnover or tip. The Magic were pressed for time.

In the post game, Skiles said he wanted him to put his head down, attack the basket, and try for a foul or and closer prayer.

I also thought our execution of the guys on the floor to get open was extremely poor. There should have been various screens and cuts. Every guy was either camped or running away from the ball. Hezonja was camped next to payton. Oladipo camped on the otherside. Harris was cutting too far from the ball. It was a mess.

We only needed two points to win. That's it. I'd rather the play call have been a curl to the three point line or top of the key of the paint off a screen.

---

In the pregame interviews, the players looked pretty happy. I feel good about them showing up. I'm still not feeling good about them winning tonight.

I read this 4 times, and I'm still not sure what point you're trying to make.

Vuc leads the team in scoring, but he seldom takes a shot unless he is control and open. Boogie will shoot under duress, and if he doesn't make it, he will probably shoot free throws. Vuc was falling backwards if I remember correctly.