Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Number 2 is not even what my premise is. My premise is that star players improve at a very rapid rate. The guys you used as examples to try and prove me wrong actually have proven me correct.

Every time it is the same guys - Jimmy Butler, Kawhi, then you went with Klay Thompson. The numbers support my argument. Additionally you are talking about guys who have a proper shooting motion and release. It is year 3 and Victor still does not have that and he still can't finish at the rim. Do you suddenly think that will change? Wiggins already has this skill and he is 20.

and oladipo can still improve.

and oladipo can still improve.

Based on the numbers I have provided the evidence shows that he will never be a go to guy game to game or a high volume shooter with an acceptable TS%. That is what we need. Will he improve? Sure. But I doubt he suddenly become a good enough shooter to where pairing him next to Elfrid makes sense and wins a title.

I really think Oli just needs to do what Wade did to make himself successful. He needs to bulk up and to be honest needs to learn how to sell fouls a bit more so he can get to the line where his free throw percentage will do the talking. It is a big thing to ask, but I think it is possible he will become more consistent once he finds out how to get to the line at will. Also, by that same "give a star minutes, he will grow quicker" wouldn't it be better to start AG or give him the bulk of Harris' minutes due to him just being a rebounder/mediocre scorer right now to see if Gordon is a star before we go talking about "needing to acquire a star". I mean, yeah...we could use one. Its why I think he didn't extend Fournier, I mean there are financial reasons, but I also think it has a lot to do with Henny thinking he can nab KD this off-season to lift the team. Which if we get KD I think this team is going to be insane next year.

I really think Oli just needs to do what Wade did to make himself successful. He needs to bulk up and to be honest needs to learn how to sell fouls a bit more so he can get to the line where his free throw percentage will do the talking. It is a big thing to ask, but I think it is possible he will become more consistent once he finds out how to get to the line at will. Also, by that same "give a star minutes, he will grow quicker" wouldn't it be better to start AG or give him the bulk of Harris' minutes due to him just being a rebounder/mediocre scorer right now to see if Gordon is a star before we go talking about "needing to acquire a star". I mean, yeah...we could use one. Its why I think he didn't extend Fournier, I mean there are financial reasons, but I also think it has a lot to do with Henny thinking he can nab KD this off-season to lift the team. Which if we get KD I think this team is going to be insane next year.

1. Yes but "bulking up" is something that the player has to do. He did not do that at all this summer. It wont happen during the season either.

2. I agree about Gordon, and he is not yet getting the minutes that will mold him into a star. The numbers show that players usually need 30 mpg over the course of 2-3 years. In that time you will see their stats jump. I see no reason to not give Harris minutes though. He is playing very efficient basketball for us. The dirty truth about our team is that we win games because guys like Gordon come off the bench and spark the team into runs. We don't have a star player in the starting lineup who can give us production every night, so we need guys like Gordon to come off the bench in order to stick around in games. It is detrimental to his growth but it wins us games.

3. I am quite positive the Magic will attempt to get KD because it would be bad GMing not to try. On the small % that we pulled it off, yes - the team would be insane. Whoever gets him will be amazing.

Based on the numbers I have provided the evidence shows that he will never be a go to guy game to game or a high volume shooter with an acceptable TS%. That is what we need. Will he improve? Sure. But I doubt he suddenly become a good enough shooter to where pairing him next to Elfrid makes sense and wins a title.

Nobody said Oladipo is going to be a star. He doesn't have to. There are like 3 star shooting guards who average 21+ ppg.

I'm saying Oladipo is good enough that's it's going to be very difficult to find a replacement where there's a good dozen point guards that are very likely to be a sizable upgrade on Payton if we're going to continue running this type of offense.

Nobody said Oladipo is going to be a star. He doesn't have to. There are like 3 star shooting guards who average 21+ ppg.

I'm saying Oladipo is good enough that's it's going to be very difficult to find a replacement where there's a good dozen point guards that are very likely to be a sizable upgrade on Payton if we're going to continue running this type of offense.

Yeah you are not seeing it right then. Payton has had a slow start, but almost all of us predicted this. Payton has displayed significant growth though if you watch all the changes he has made to his game. It's going to set him back for a few months but you can already see the benefits. He just scored his career high last night. I personally do not believe there are a dozen point guards that will be a sizable upgrade from Payton that we can actually acquire. Sorry, but no.

Its funny how Magic fans have wanted a tall PG who can defend and run an offense for years, and now we have one and you think he can just be replaced in two seconds.

PG is the toughest position to learn and the change from Vaughn's system to Skiles is very dramatic for that position. Payton is figuring out how he can impact the offense just now. He even alluded to it last night in the post game interview.

The numbers show the improvement and the struggle. While his 2P% has dropped, his 3 point attempts have gone up and so has his %. That is a really good sign since we already know he is better than 37% just based on last year. It is a temporary drop due to the new shot motion, but I fully expect to see that correct and trend upwards later in the year. One reason for this is his improved FT% - he is over 75% right now. That is a good sign, because that means his shot motion is improved and now he just is learning what shots work in the new offense.

• Upvote 1

Yeah you are not seeing it right then. Payton has had a slow start, but almost all of us predicted this. Payton has displayed significant growth though if you watch all the changes he has made to his game. It's going to set him back for a few months but you can already see the benefits. He just scored his career high last night. I personally do not believe there are a dozen point guards that will be a sizable upgrade from Payton that we can actually acquire. Sorry, but no.

Its funny how Magic fans have wanted a tall PG who can defend and run an offense for years, and now we have one and you think he can just be replaced in two seconds.

PG is the toughest position to learn and the change from Vaughn's system to Skiles is very dramatic for that position. Payton is figuring out how he can impact the offense just now. He even alluded to it last night in the post game interview.

Who is an available upgrade to Oladipo?

Who is an available upgrade to Oladipo?

Don't try and spin what you said around. I have already stated 100 times how I think a trade will go down next summer and clearly stated Im not sure who will be available yet, but for the sake of your argument we can start with Durant since he will be a free agent and plays SG.

The magic could also trade Dipo and Harris for a 3 or 4 and use one of our existing guys in Evan or Mario at SG. As I said before, I believe Evan is a better fit next to Payton anyway.As of right now, this season, Fournier is our best player. That means better than Victor.

You are the one saying there are 12 available guys who are a significant upgrade to Payton. That's on you to provide that list.

Also, as a disclaimer I don't think we need to consider trading anyone this year (unless for a top 10 player). I just don't see why Oladipo is the scapegoat and Payton doesn't get similar blame considering we have a sizable sample that shows Oladipo is a solid starting 2 and we have 20 games that show Payton is going to be good and about 40 that say he's going to be bad.

Don't try and spin what you said around. I have already stated 100 times how I think a trade will go down next summer and clearly stated Im not sure who will be available yet, but for the sake of your argument we can start with Durant since he will be a free agent and plays SG.

The magic could also trade Dipo and Harris for a 3 or 4 and use one of our existing guys in Evan or Mario at SG. As I said before, I believe Evan is a better fit next to Payton anyway.As of right now, this season, Fournier is our best player. That means better than Victor.

You are the one saying there are 12 available guys who are a significant upgrade to Payton. That's on you to provide that list.

Durant doesn't pay shooting guard

Nah I said there are a dozen guys that would be an upgrade to Payton, not that they are available.

But the greater number of better point guards kind of show that it's going to be more likely that one is available.

Also, as a disclaimer I don't think we need to consider trading anyone this year (unless for a top 10 player). I just don't see why Oladipo is the scapegoat and Payton doesn't get similar blame considering we have a sizable sample that shows Oladipo is a solid starting 2 and we have 20 games that show Payton is going to be good and about 40 that say he's going to be bad.

I just posted numbers and notes on offseason work showcasing why your logic will most likely be wrong.

Durant doesn't pay shooting guard

Sure he has and sure he can. The bigger picture is that he can play 2-4 with no problems. And he has played all 3.