Sign in to follow this  
The Seventh Seal

Igor Rakocevic

To the Serbs, or anyone else who knows, what's Rakocevic's status when it comes to the NBA? He had great stats in the last World Championship, and he's a strong, solid point guard. Has he ever declared for the draft or has he been a free agent of some sort? He'd be a great asset off the bench.

To the Serbs, or anyone else who knows, what's Rakocevic's status when it comes to the NBA? He had great stats in the last World Championship, and he's a strong, solid point guard. Has he ever declared for the draft or has he been a free agent of some sort? He'd be a great asset off the bench.

quote:
Originally posted by The Seventh Seal:

Igor is not a PG, despite his size. He is a SG, but he is unlikely to return to NBA.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic31:

He used to play for the Spurs, but he only got garbage minutes. I don't see him coming back to the NBA.

It wasn't the Spurs he played for it was the T'wolves.

quote:
Originally posted by mire:

not spurs but timberwolves

he can't pass, he's a slasher (a good one)

Ya sorry my mistake. I remember looking at his NBA profile last year and there was a Spurs logo next to him. There's still a spurs logo on his profile, but his stats do say Minnesota.

He was drafted in 2000 and first steped on the court in 2002-03.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/igor_rakocevic/index.html

^^ Has a Spurs logo next to him. I guess he was traded to the Spurs, IDK.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic31:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/igor_rakocevic/index.html

^^ Has a Spurs logo next to him. I guess he was traded to the Spurs, IDK.

nah, he signed as a FA with the spurs in 2003-2004 but was released before the season even started and joined red star belgrade.

as for his skills, he's a great euroleague player who can play the 1 and 2, his nickname is "white jordan". i think he's a tweener, an undersized SG in a PG body although he do has some PG skills. he's not very interested in defense. i think he could be a solid of the bench player in the NBA, not more.