Sign in to follow this  
Beast From The East

Jameer Nelson - Leadership

Sure...

It's why I drew a distinction between "appreciable" and "significiant" and why I viewed your position as an evolution from denial that it exists to an argument about the level of impact.

Sure...

It's why I drew a distinction between "appreciable" and "significiant" and why I viewed your position as an evolution from denial that it exists to an argument about the level of impact.

The argument was always about level of impact, but I didn't anticipate a discussion about this so my first posts were brief and didn't really articulate fully what I was trying to say. Plus, I had been drinking when I made the first post. And I'm not very articulate in the first place.

I've tried to put my argument into different words as an attempt at clarity, but my position hasn't changed. I mean the same thing when I say "appreciable" or "significant" or whatever. The point is to distinguish the effect of good leadership from random variation and establish that there is, in fact, an effect.

Ahem, are you honestly reading me saying that 'leaders throw elbows to teammates to make them better'? If that is the case (ie and you're not just flaming) i'll take another brief moment to explain. What I said in my original post (about them persons a, b and c) is that you can easily spot a leader when you see that person do something that normally has an adverse effect on others and yet somehow get positive results. Naturally, leaders do a million different things in a million different cases. The Kobe-Sasha example is one of those cases though, as Kobe's riding him all day-all year long made him consider Braynt a mentor, a best friend (sic), even taking on his facial expressions and the sorts.

Of course, that does not mean that 'leaders always throw elbows', that 'whoever throws elbows is a leader', that 'leaders throw elbows to everybody', or whichever other of the infinite combinations one can make up.

Thanks for reading, and take care.

You know, I had every intention of letting this argument end. I really doubt that I'm going to change your mind about Kobe and that really wasn't my intention in the first place. However, after reading the below article, I can't help but chuckle at some of your impressions of the guy. Without further ado, I present Kobe, the basketball leader of the masses.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8511976/me-smush-happens-rafe-bartholomew-childhood-teammate-becomes-nba-player-becomes-kobe-bryant-enemy

The last 4 paragraphs are really fun. Sign me up to play with that guy!

• Upvote 1