Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Castaway

Magic reach 3-year deal with draft pick Kyle O'Quinn

Magic GM Rob Hennigan came away very impressed with O’Quinn following the Summer League. He said that the center has a chance to stick in the NBA for several years because of his willingness to do the dirty work such as rebounding and playing defense and his ability to play team basketball. O’Quinn has said he’ll stick true to his roots as a player with the Magic and bring some hustle and muscle to the squad.

``This puts a stamp on everything that I’ve done. For my family to be a part of this, it is a great moment for us,’’ O’Quinn said on draft night of the hard work he’s put into becoming a NBA player. ``I’m an energy guy. I rebound, defend, block shots and compete. As far as going into the NBA, I know that I have to develop my offensive game. But I’m an energy guy first and that’s what I will bring to the Magic.’’

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/denton-oquinn-impresses-magic-gets-contract_080912

I think signing him is better than offering the same contract to a 35 year old big men who isn't capable of sparking your team off the bench or have a good game every now and then

Love his motor. A team always needs a guy thats willing to do the dirty work. Guys like Dennis Rodman are hard to find nowadays. (Isn't that the understatement of the year).

I think signing him is better than offering the same contract to a 35 year old big men who isn't capable of sparking your team off the bench or have a good game every now and then

What 35 year-old guy you talking about? We would be lucky to sign a 10 year old guy. Too much cheeba!

Wow wow whoopie- I better renew my 65k courtside seats!!!!