Sign in to follow this  
Beast From The East

Gamethread Nets @ Magic3/16/12

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Magic
    • Nets

I'm a 49ers fan too. I just worry that if we fail in getting him that it will destroy Alex Smith confidence. He played real well last season.

The first NFL game I ever watched all the way through was Superbowl XXIII, 49ers v. Bengals, "The Drive" ( I mean the real "Drive," not that John Elway stuff). So instantly I was a 49ers fan first and foremost. But my heart since the mid-90's has been with the "home" team in the Bucs, whether they were winning the Superbowl or having a 3 win season. LOL I admittedly jump on and off of bandwagons with the NFL (Dolphins, Cowboys, etc.) but not when it comes to the Bucs or 49ers, for sure.

Anyway, I'm just not a believer in Alex Smith and never have been. i just don't think he can lead a team to the Superbowl. Admittedly, it would be nyce for him to actually have upper echelon WRs, but he's had great defenses, one of the best RBs in the league, and one of the best TEs in the league, and he still hasn't gotten it done. I think last year is the best he can do, he at least kept the INTs down.

I wouldn't try to upset guys like Phillip Rivers, or Matthew Stafford, or Cam Newton.. but guys like Alex Smith? Just barely above replacement level, as far as I'm concerned. The reward of getting Peyton is well worth the risk.

As far as the Magic game, I was almost right. It was Gerald Green instead of Humphries who had the big game. Humphries simply got Dwighted.. and Anderson did well against him, too.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1