Sign in to follow this  
O Town Terror

clean house

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Dwight needs to go. Trade him now and get it over with. I think these last few games are only a small example of what is to come if we dont do something. We cant have a Captain/Leader with one foot out the door and ridiculing his time at every opportunity. I mean dont get me wrong, I love D12. My heart is with the Magic though. If yours isnt, then lets part ways now and save the drama. I dont think it matters if Dwights here or not anymore. I think weve learned over the years that with him we have a great defense but defense doesnt win championships. Shooting under 60% from the free throw line doesnt either. Nor does having a leader who cant lead his team. I dont blame it all on #12 though. If Dwight leaves, then so should Otis and Stan. My favorite team was our heart and hustle team. We had no superstars but a team full of leaders who were willing to give everything and more, and most importantly had each others back. I want that back. If we have to get rid of our man-child to get that then so be it. we love you but Dwight, shape up or ship out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Several things to address here.

- Your opinion on the subject is not any more important than anyone else. You don't get to start your own thread every time an idea pops into your head.

- Defense doesn't win championships? Did you really just say that? Almost every championship team from the past 2 decades has been a superior defensive squad. It may be time for you to review some old Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Pistons, and Bulls games.

- Shaq would disagree on your notion that a poor free throw shooter can't win a championship.

- You want to see us return to the heart and hustle days, which is fine if we are rebuilding but, the heart and hustle teams certainly aren't going to contend for a championship. You spent most of your time in this post bemoaning the fact that this Magic squad isn't a championship contender and your solution to the problem is to return the Magic to a team that we loved because they overachieved and didn't completely suck.

- Finally, if you want to fire Stan then the only logical explanation for this is that you haven't seen truly bad coaching. Stan would have another coaching job within a week if we fired him.

• Upvote 2

- Your opinion on the subject is not any more important than anyone else. You don't get to start your own thread every time an idea pops into your head.

- Defense doesn't win championships? Did you really just say that? Almost every championship team from the past 2 decades has been a superior defensive squad. It may be time for you to review some old Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Pistons, and Bulls games.

- Shaq would disagree on your notion that a poor free throw shooter can't win a championship.

- You want to see us return to the heart and hustle days, which is fine if we are rebuilding but, the heart and hustle teams certainly aren't going to contend for a championship. You spent most of your time in this post bemoaning the fact that this Magic squad isn't a championship contender and your solution to the problem is to return the Magic to a team that we loved because they overachieved and didn't completely suck.

- Finally, if you want to fire Stan then the only logical explanation for this is that you haven't seen truly bad coaching. Stan would have another coaching job within a week if we fired him.

Yes I did say that defense doesnt win. ALONE. Besides the Pistons, every other team had at least two go-to clutch playmakers. Shaq-Kobe, Jordan-Pippen etc...

And my point with the heart and hustle is we didnt have the talent but we played hard as a team. Were not a team right now. No one knows if theyre staying or going, no one is on the same page, we have no true leader. Dwight, our Captain, said he'd love the thought of playing in Boston, right before we played them. Go leadership!!!

He needs to make his mind up yesterday so we can go foward with whatever. I guess thats my gripe.

+1 Very well said