Sign in to follow this  
flakxd

Anyone else scared to death with Dwight's recent comments??

While I love hearing that he's more open to staying now, I'm really scared of what might happen because of his new stance. I'm deathly afraid that this might turn into Lebron Version 2.0, with Dwight giving us hope that he might stay, Otis not trading him now because he truly feels like Dwight will stay, maybe we waste whatever cap space we have getting guys who Dwight "wants" to play with (who we ordinarily wouldn't want/get), and then he decides the pieces just aren't here and he leaves us for nothing during the offseason. (holy run-on batman sentence).

I've never wanted to trade Dwight away, but I'm almost to the point where I think it would be what's best......get what we can before we get nothing in return. At what point would we be able to re-sign him to a long term deal? Would we have to wait until next offseason? I just wish we could get a definitive answer of "Yes, I'll stay and help build up this team into another Championship caliber squad", or "No, I want to leave and go somewhere where I feel like I have a better shot at getting a ring."

Just make-up your mind Dwight, and give the Magic front office an answer set in stone. You have stated you love Orlando, the fans, the area.....so either stay and become an all-time legend, or leave and tell us you're definitely going to leave, leaving us enough time to make some moves before it's too late. If you truly love Orlando, you'll want to put us in the best position regardless of your decision. You have the chance to make this team great, or make us a 20 win team. Please don't give us false hope if there's truly no intent to actually stay. If you wish to leave (I don't blame you because Otis has made some terrible decisions), tell us now and let us trade you and get something in return.

/rant....had to get that off my chest, and yes I feel better. and yes I realize Dwight reads this board, that's obviously why I addressed him directly in this post. Mods will probably close this, but I had to get it off my chest and I know all true Magic fans feel the same way. No one wants to part with Dwight, but we want what's best for the future of this team.

TL;DR

Blue and White Ignite!!!

We all have this empty feeling over all of this, a feeling of being rejected I guess.

However he is still here and as of now it seems like he's still very open to staying here.

That said, I'm locking this because there are two big threads you can participate in and get more response to your comments: The big offseason thread and "The official Dwight Howard everything thread". They are stickied at the top. We can't have everybody who wants to vent their frustration, hope or other feelings starting a new thread.