Sign in to follow this  
Shock Phantom

Maybe all we need is tweaks

JRich was averaging 20 the same year he was traded. . . you don't go from averaging 20 to "occasionally" doing it in a few months barring a major injury. His role in ORL was lessened a ton and he got less shots. Give him 15 shots a game and he'll hover near the 18-23 pt area.

Dude, he was playing with Steve Nash then. I don't understand how people can argue Nash made Gortat 50x's better than what he "really" is, but J-Rich playing with Nash and producing good numbers was a product of just how good a player he is?! Come on.

J-Rich was never a really super talented player, he was just freakishly athletic...something we can all say has pretty much diminished at this point in his career. He's a spot up shooter now, nothing more nothing less.

Dude, he was playing with Steve Nash then. I don't understand how people can argue Nash made Gortat 50x's better than what he "really" is, but J-Rich playing with Nash and producing good numbers was a product of just how good a player he is?! Come on.

J-Rich was never a really super talented player, he was just freakishly athletic...something we can all say has pretty much diminished at this point in his career. He's a spot up shooter now, nothing more nothing less.

JRich didn't have Steve Nash for more than half of his career.

And that's a load of crap. JRich is still one of the better guards on the break, very good coming off screens, AND is still an above average athlete. To say he turned into Anthony Morrow over the course of 6 months is just ridiculous.

eh, i agree with the point you're trying to make more than i agree with the explicit details. J Rich is more than a spot up shooter but not what we want for the money he's asking for and doesn't fit in well defensively based on who we have around him.

eh, i agree with the point you're trying to make more than i agree with the explicit details. J Rich is more than a spot up shooter but not what we want for the money he's asking for and doesn't fit in well defensively based on who we have around him.

Yes. I don't think he's worth that much to the Magic because of the style the team plays and the needs but that doesn't mean there will be tons of teams offering him deals worth well over the MLE.

Really, the only way I'd want JRich back would be after a big trade, like a JSmith/Iggy type trade, and still not at the price of the highest bidder.

I don't like the idea of bringing back JRich just to play with the same roster for another year, unless he's willing to sign a 2 year $20 million contract with his 2nd year being a team option (good luck getting him to agree to this)

My idea of keeping J-Rich is dependent on putting more capable defenders around him. So if we can't trade or sign for defensive upgrades, let him go unless he wants to sign for the MLE.

JRich didn't have Steve Nash for more than half of his career.

And that's a load of crap. JRich is still one of the better guards on the break, very good coming off screens, AND is still an above average athlete. To say he turned into Anthony Morrow over the course of 6 months is just ridiculous.

Outside of that little 9 game win streak we went on, we were one of the worst fast break teams in the league and when he DID a have chance to run I saw J-Rich lay an awful lot of balls up instead of what would normally have been a monster dunk 2-3 years ago. Could not disagree more with him being an above avergae athlete still. I do agree that he's pretty decent at coming off screens, even the half ass ones set by Bass.

Yes. I don't think he's worth that much to the Magic because of the style the team plays and the needs but that doesn't mean there will be tons of teams offering him deals worth well over the MLE.

Really, the only way I'd want JRich back would be after a big trade, like a JSmith/Iggy type trade, and still not at the price of the highest bidder.

I don't like the idea of bringing back JRich just to play with the same roster for another year, unless he's willing to sign a 2 year $20 million contract with his 2nd year being a team option (good luck getting him to agree to this)

This I could live with.

Outside of that little 9 game win streak we went on, we were one of the worst fast break teams in the league and when he DID a have chance to run I saw J-Rich lay an awful lot of balls up instead of what would normally have been a monster dunk 2-3 years ago. Could not disagree more with him being an above avergae athlete still. I do agree that he's pretty decent at coming off screens, even the half ass ones set by Bass.

I'm not sure what Orlando not scoring a lot of fastbreak points has to do with JRich. . . and despite what you saw, JRich's FG% at the rim was still above average amongst swing men playing 25+mpg

I'm not sure what Orlando not scoring a lot of fastbreak points has to do with JRich. . . and despite what you saw, JRich's FG% at the rim was still above average amongst swing men playing 25+mpg

I probably should have worded it differently, but my post was geared more towards how J-Rich has lost a step or two athletically. In my opinion, he lost that edge while in Phoenix...Nash just just made his job so much easier and really covered that up.