Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part 2

Bass has an ok contract and Okafor is a solid center. They are trying to trade Iggy anyway an this covers what they are looking for. Turk has a bad contract yes, but can he still make things happen, yes. Regardless of what Philly says they are most likely going to trade Iggy.

Okafor and Hedo are vastly overpaid for their output. Don't see them moving Iggy unless they get a serious player in return and none of those guys fit the bill. In all honesty why would Orlando even be involved in that deal? They could deal Iggy and some of their good young players for Paul and Okafor without Orlando.

Okafor and Hedo are vastly overpaid for their output. Don't see them moving Iggy unless they get a serious player in return and none of those guys fit the bill. In all honesty why would Orlando even be involved in that deal? They could deal Iggy and some of their good young players for Paul and Okafor without Orlando.

I would be willing to bet $3.76 that they will trade Iggy. OKie is over paid but that still does not change the fact that there is a shortage of starting caliber bigs right now. Name a center that gets paid less and can do as much as OKafor

EDIT: one that can be had through trade!!

Question

If there was some way in hell that we were to aquire M. Ellis for Hedo and a bag of funions or whatever, do we still make a play for O.J. Mayo for our TPE and whatever else it would take to land him?

Another idea.

IF those things were to happen, how about bringing Monta off the bench to be undoubtedly the best 6th man in the league and to provide instant offense? (much like a Jason Terry type role)

Hedo + J.J. Redick for Monta + filler to equal out salaries. Picks and cash would be included I'm sure.

Jameer Nelson + Ryan Anderson for Andre Miller + Nicholas Batum

Our TPE and Bass for Mayo. (obviously two deals would have to be done since you can't combine the TPE with a player)

We all hope and pray Fran brings his punk *** over here.

AC Gilbert Arenas

Sign Chuck Hayes + Earl Clark.

AND...

Miller/Duhon/Ellis

Mayo/Ellis

Batum/Q/Clark

Vazquez/Clark/Filler

Howard/Hayes/Orton

OR we don't trade for Miller/Batum, but sign AK47 or Tayshaun Prince instead.

Nelson/Duhon/Ellis

Mayo/Ellis

Kirilenko or Prince/Clark/Q

Anderson/Vazquez?/Clark

Howard/Hayes/Orton

Not very likely, but not completely out of the realm of possibility either...according to these latest trade rumors anyways.

• Upvote 1

Iggy's contract isn't good, and while neither is Okafor's, he fits a much bigger need for that team. Hedo could improve their play making quite a bit while Bass would be very solid for them off the bench. Iggy isn't going to land them a star.

Don't see NOH doing that though. No way do they trade CP3 for Iggy, Nelson, and freaking Speights.

Iggy's contract isn't good, and while neither is Okafor's, he fits a much bigger need for that team. Hedo could improve their play making quite a bit while Bass would be very solid for them off the bench. Iggy isn't going to land them a star.

Don't see NOH doing that though. No way do they trade CP3 for Iggy, Nelson, and freaking Speights.

If Paul demands a trade With the exception of the Westbrook trade IMO its a solid team. Forget Speights for a min, Iggy and Jameer are friends and along with West and a good draft they can get a good team working over there.

EDIT: and Ariza good team if u ask me

Another idea.

IF those things were to happen, how about bringing Monta off the bench to be undoubtedly the best 6th man in the league and to provide instant offense? (much like a Jason Terry type role)

Hedo + J.J. Redick for Monta + filler to equal out salaries. Picks and cash would be included I'm sure.

Jameer Nelson + Ryan Anderson for Andre Miller + Nicholas Batum

Our TPE and Bass for Mayo. (obviously two deals would have to be done since you can't combine the TPE with a player)

We all hope and pray Fran brings his punk *** over here.

AC Gilbert Arenas

Sign Chuck Hayes + Earl Clark.

AND...

Miller/Duhon/Ellis

Mayo/Ellis

Batum/Q/Clark

Vazquez/Clark/Filler

Howard/Hayes/Orton

Not very likely, but not completely out of the realm of possibility either...according to these latest trade rumors anyways.

I am not down with with Fran an unknown in the NBA starting at 4 or Mayo starting over Ellis. These trades dont seem to make us a championship team IMO

I read that Philly wants to shed salary due to them wanting to sell the team. While I know that Okafor may improve them, I don't know if they want to take on that kind of salary.

And NOLA probably wouldn't want Andre for Paul because his contract would be horrible for a rebuilding team.

I am not down with with Fran an unknown in the NBA starting at 4 or Mayo starting over Ellis. These trades dont seem to make us a championship team IMO

Fran would definitely be a risk, but it might pay dividends in the end...his strengths seem to be exactly what we need on our front line...worth the risk? With Dwight back there we have a big safety net.

As far as Ellis, I think he's far more suited to come off the bench and play to his strengths. He wouldn't have to worry about defending or distributing nearly as much as if he were starting. He would be Jason Terry times 2 because of his youth, athleticism, and explosiveness. O.J. Mayo would compliment the rest of our starters so much better. It's a win/win imo.