Sign in to follow this  
Air Gordon

Serious question

By the way I think SVG is not using Jason Richardson properly, he was much much better in Phoenix. I remember how great he was during last playoffs, he has a few 40 points game and was hitting one clutch shot after another...

That's because J-rich has totally different role in here. J-rich could easily have 20+ games all season long but we really dont need to run that many plays for him because of Dwight.

I am not saying Rashard is a much better player than Arenas, the problem is Arenas has extra year on his contract plus 30 millions, I still can't believe we did not get a draft pick or one of the Wizards bigs in that trade.

If Rashard stayed he could still play 20 minutes a game backing up Hedo and PF spots. If we are playing Arenas those minutes then we could play Lewis same way. Rashard is a better professional than Gilbert, he would handle his role.

• Upvote 1

Rashard had Zero upside and his career is over...period. Gil is younger and may turn it around...or maybe not. Im not miffed at the arenas trade. Losing gortat (who had 19 points and 17 boards against a tough celtics front line in 30 minutes last night) that miffs me....ALOT! Richardson may walk for nothing and turk could have been had for nothing. PHX would have given us their first to get turks contract out of phoenix. We should have gotten a lot more for marcin given his age and talent. Phx will be laughing about this trade for the remainder of marcins contract. He has potential to be an all star center if given the minutes in phoenix system. Good luck to him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We gave away Gortat because SVG could not use him alongside Howard. SVGs problem is that he is too obsessed with the idea of stretching the floor and playing "small". Unfortunately SVG believes that the only way to use Howard successfully on the offensive end is to surround him with shooters. Gortat-Howard could be great together, great defense, rebounding on both ends and shotblocking, SVG tried it few times but only for a short stretches...He never tried to make it work...

• Upvote 2

You dont give away a early a 7 footer in his early twenties with skills for 30 year old free agent to be shooting guard. Never big for small. Never young for old. Did we forget how long it can take to find a good center. Gortat was better than every center ever to play for this club not named shaq or dwight and he was affordable. I like jrich but phoenix pulled Otis' pants down in a big way.