Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

Magic and Injuries

Hey, I was thinking tonight about how I really can't remember D12 going through a serious stretch where he was injured and had to miss a significant amount of games in a row or even miss a lot of games in a season.

Its 5am, so I don't feel like looking it up, but if someone knows where to look, how many games has D12 missed to injury? and what is his highest amount of misses in 1 season so far?

The reason this sparked my curiosity is because of how it seems some of the major players on teams (all across major league sports) get hurt and half to miss a significant amount of time during a season. Wade, Chipper Jones, and many more. But I really can't remember D12 going through something where he had to miss more than a couple of games in a row. Hopefully this isn't a jinx either.

Dwight played all 82 games his first 4 seasons. His 5th season he missed 3 games, last year he played every game again and so far this year he's missed 2 games. Also in Dwight's playoff career out of a possible 52 games, he's appeared in 51 of them. So out of 583 possible games, Dwight's played in 577. The 3 he missed in 08 - 09 I don't remember why exactly. I remember him missing back to back midseason and I think he sat out the last game of the year to rest for the playoffs. This year he missed 2 games due to the stomach virus. The playoff game he missed was due to suspension for elbowing Dalembert. So all in all, we have a very durable big man. *knock on wood*

Dwight played all 82 games his first 4 seasons. His 5th season he missed 3 games, last year he played every game again and so far this year he's missed 2 games. Also in Dwight's playoff career out of a possible 52 games, he's appeared in 51 of them. So out of 583 possible games, Dwight's played in 577. The 3 he missed in 08 - 09 I don't remember why exactly. I remember him missing back to back midseason and I think he sat out the last game of the year to rest for the playoffs. This year he missed 2 games due to the stomach virus. The playoff game he missed was due to suspension for elbowing Dalembert. So all in all, we have a very durable big man. *knock on wood*

he missed back to back games in 08-09 against Utah and GSW with a sore knee.

Well you have to remember that Dwight works in the gym a ton, wich helps to prevent the injuries because he has alot of muscles to protect the ligaments.

This jinx is almost as bad as the game thread against New Orleans

as strength athlete myself I dont believe in "luck" so that's why I doubt he is getting hurt unless someone is going to do something to him.