Sign in to follow this  
NameLess Scrub

NFL Fantasy Urgent Help !

Guys:

I'm new to NFL, and have already won a fantasy league last year.. lol.

The thing is, I'm already in the second round this year and some of my players have decreased their production, especially Dwayne Bowe... who has gone from ruling in November to two 0s and one 3 in December in fantasy points.

This is my team

QB - Eli Manning, Chad Henne

WR - DeSean Jackson (Eagles), Dwayne Bowe, Calvin Johnson, Steve Breaston, Andre Johnson

RB - LeSean McCoy (Eagles), Fred Jackson, Thomas Jones

K - Rob Bironas, Ryan Succop

D - Baltimore, Saint Louis

TE - John Carlson, Anthony Fasano

I'm not sure if I remember all of my players because I'm not looking at the fantasy page now.

What I want to know is if you guys can suggest players I can possibly grab from free agency that can help me win my next match.

Of couse, you don't know who's available, but any suggestion is welcome, even if I don't find the player.

Anybody wants to use their fantasy football wisdom and help?

Guys:

The thing is, I'm already in the second round this year and some of my players have decreased their production, especially Dwayne Bowe... who has gone from ruling in November to two 0s and one 3 in December in fantasy points.

This is my team

WR - DeSean Jackson (Eagles), Dwayne Bowe, Calvin Johnson, Steve Breaston, Andre Johnson

I'm not sure if I remember all of my players because I'm not looking at the fantasy page now.

What I want to know is if you guys can suggest players I can possibly grab from free agency that can help me win my next match.

Of couse, you don't know who's available, but any suggestion is welcome, even if I don't find the player.

I wouldnt be starting Bowe if I had DJax, AJ and Calvin Johnson as my WR's anyway..... you could do with some upgrading at RB, what kind of names do you have on the wire? Never keep 2 kickers either....

I wouldnt be starting Bowe if I had DJax, AJ and Calvin Johnson as my WR's anyway..... you could do with some upgrading at RB, what kind of names do you have on the wire? Never keep 2 kickers either....

I use Bowe in the WR/ RB position.

These RBs are available:

Gore - inj

Mike Goodson

Jason Snelling

Ryan Mathews

Darren Sproles

Rashad Jennings

Marcel Reece

Maurice Morris

Chester Taylor

Javarris James

Beanie Wells

Marion Barber

John Kuhn

Derrick Ward

DeAngelo Williams

Tony Gerhart

Clinton Portis

Ladell Betts

LaRod Stephens-Howling

Earnest Graham

Thanks man!

I use Bowe in the WR/ RB position.

These RBs are available:

Gore - inj

Mike Goodson

Jason Snelling

Ryan Mathews

Darren Sproles

Rashad Jennings

Marcel Reece

Maurice Morris

Chester Taylor

Javarris James

Beanie Wells

Marion Barber

John Kuhn

Derrick Ward

DeAngelo Williams

Tony Gerhart

Clinton Portis

Ladell Betts

LaRod Stephens-Howling

Earnest Graham

Thanks man!

so how does your league work

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

WR/RB

TE

??

This is the format

QB

WR

WR

WR

RB

RB

WR/RB

TE

K

D

Ok, well I would go with;

Manning

DJax

AJ

Calvin Johnson

McCoy

F.Jackson (NE run D is not up too much)

Bowe (I like him to bounce back against the Titans, Cassel should be in much better shape and he loves to target him)

Fasano

Baltimore

None of those guys you listed are better than your current starters IMO, Ryan Mathews is the only interesting one but he loses too many carries to Tolbert.

I would keep an eye on Arian Fosters status as if he is out Derrick Ward would be a good add, as would Gerhart if AP can't go again

Ok, well I would go with;

Manning

DJax

AJ

Calvin Johnson

McCoy

F.Jackson (NE run D is not up too much)

Bowe (I like him to bounce back against the Titans, Cassel should be in much better shape and he loves to target him)

Fasano

Baltimore

None of those guys you listed are better than your current starters IMO, Ryan Mathews is the only interesting one but he loses too many carries to Tolbert.

I would keep an eye on Arian Fosters status as if he is out Derrick Ward would be a good add, as would Gerhart if AP can't go again

Thanks!!!

I'll let you know if I won... lol

Guys:

This is my team

I actually have the exact same scenerio this week at QB. Tebow & Grossman are both much better plays than Eli. B matchup vs. C .

WR's in order: I have both Johnson's as A games this week, Jackson & Bowe as high B's in that order.

RB's: McCoy's a no brainer, Jackson then Jones are better than anbody you could pick up. But, if something crazy happens, Jennings is an option.

Good luck, hope that helps.

I actually have the exact same scenerio this week at QB. Tebow & Grossman are both much better plays than Eli. B matchup vs. C .

WR's in order: I have both Johnson's as A games this week, Jackson & Bowe as high B's in that order.

RB's: McCoy's a no brainer, Jackson then Jones are better than anbody you could pick up. But, if something crazy happens, Jennings is an option.

Good luck, hope that helps.

Whoa Thanks!!

Looks like Grossman and Tebow are gonna be hot additions for the POs.

Now I've added both and I have no idea which of the 3 QBs is gonna play better. Eli had a great week 15

Projected stats are 14, 11 and 15 for Eli, Grossman and Tebow.

Matchups are GB, Jac and Hou respectively.

I guess I gotta check those defenses.

Edit: Checked the stats for GB, Jac and Hou

Checking the passing defense stats, it looks like Houston's is the worst but Jacksonville's pretty bad too.

Greeb Bay's is one of the best.

Houston's rushing defense looks good

I guess I should seriously consider using Grossman or Tebow.

Anything else I gotta consider?

Whoa Thanks!!

Looks like Grossman and Tebow are gonna be hot additions for the POs.

Now I've added both and I have no idea which of the 3 QBs is gonna play better. Eli had a great week 15

Projected stats are 14, 11 and 15 for Eli, Grossman and Tebow.

Matchups are GB, Jac and Hou respectively.

I guess I gotta check those defenses.

FWIW, I don't use yahoo projections, & play in a league with a 6pt TD, 1 pt every 30 yds, -2 int scoring...

But, the analysis site I use has Tebow ranked #12 QB play this week @ 16.7 pts., Grossman #15 round 15.3 pts., & Eli 23rd w/a 13.1 projection.

Playing a 1 time starter in week 16 is a huge gamble, but GB's defense is tough, Houston & J-ville are brutally bad.

FWIW, I don't use yahoo projections, & play in a league with a 6pt TD, 1 pt every 30 yds, -2 int scoring...

But, the analysis site I use has Tebow ranked #12 QB play this week @ 16.7 pts., Grossman #15 round 15.3 pts., & Eli 23rd w/a 13.1 projection.

Playing a 1 time starter in week 16 is a huge gamble, but GB's defense is tough, Houston & J-ville are brutally bad.

That's what I thought. These guys are playing hot and their match ups are favorable. That might be the reason Tebow is the highest.

I have added both and have until Sunday to decide. The reason this is so important is because I'm going vs the best team in the league, and a team with Chris Johnson, Tom Brady, and Arian Foster.

The point system for my yahoo league is about the same as yours.

That's what I thought. These guys are playing hot and their match ups are favorable. That might be the reason Tebow is the highest.

I have added both and have until Sunday to decide. The reason this is so important is because I'm going vs the best team in the league, and a team with Chris Johnson, Tom Brady, and Arian Foster.

The point system for my yahoo league is about the same as yours.

Guys, I lost. I went with Eli who made 17. Tebow made 23 but I was gonna lose anyway.

The other guy's team was just ridiculous. Pretty much everybody played good except for 2 players, including Chris Johnson. His TE is Tamme who made 13 points, which is very unusual in our league.

Eli and Bowe played well for my team.

132-85