NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

I would throw in Q as well in that trade. All of those players you listed are players that Memphis is trying to get rid of.

The team would need Q to backup Hedo

the only reason I like thabeet is that he has a team option summer of 2012. That, combined with Nelson, Howard, Arenas PO, and Z-BO salary possibly off the hook means we could have some financial flexibility.

I honestly see no reason why Memphis would be motivated to move Z-Bo and sending J-Rich there makes no sense to me either.

sorries.

well, the idea here is that Heisley is stupid enough to think Bass could turn out to be ZBo with a shorter contract and that the Magic are able to shape Mayo into a star next to Dwight, all while giving them a good player and expiring to replace OJ Mayo, who hasn't been getting consistent minutes or touches

sweeten the deal by helping them get rid of Thabeet by giving them a better backup at PG

I think they move Beet and retain Mayo. They're winning now and while they have decisions to make on Marc and Z-Bo I think they are going to try and test their medal in the Playoffs this year before they make bigger impact moves.

Oh yeah, I don't doubt it. . . like I said, I doubt either GM would do that trade (for different reason), but I'm not counting it out. . .

Thank God some of you aren't the GM of this team.

ZBo would just add to the misery of our defense. Only player I'd be interested in is Mayo or Rudy and they're not trading Rudy.

Thabeet hasn't shown anything to be a big man for a playoff contending team. Isn't that what we're still trying to do? Contend?

Thank God some of you aren't the GM of this team.

ZBo would just add to the misery of our defense. Only player I'd be interested in is Mayo or Rudy and they're not trading Rudy.

Thabeet hasn't shown anything to be a big man for a playoff contending team. Isn't that what we're still trying to do? Contend?

ZBo's defense wouldn't be a dropoff from Bass', plus he's a better rebounder and when he's not in jumpshot happy mode, he's a pretty good scorer.

Thabeet would replace Duhon at cheerleading and maybe picking up very limited minutes. The difference between the two, however, is that Thabeet could eventually be shaped into a decent defensive big man off the bench. He'd be a project, no one would be expecting him to be a huge contributor (just like Duhon hasn't been a contributor in months).

How would it exactly be a bad trade if the Magic were able to replace Bass with a better player and still get a player with star potential?

ZBo's defense wouldn't be a dropoff from Bass', plus he's a better rebounder and when he's not in jumpshot happy mode, he's a pretty good scorer.

Thabeet would replace Duhon at cheerleading and maybe picking up very limited minutes. The difference between the two, however, is that Thabeet could eventually be shaped into a decent defensive big man off the bench. He'd be a project, no one would be expecting him to be a huge contributor (just like Duhon hasn't been a contributor in months).

How would it exactly be a bad trade if the Magic were able to replace Bass with a better player and still get a player with star potential?

Because Bass at his age has room to improve on the defensive end. Zbo even his contract year wants nothing to do with it. Have you seen ZBo play btw? His defense is a MAJOR dropoff from Bass's. Also not jumpshot happy? Do we really need that mood here?

We need to focus on DEFENSE and guys who are willing to play it. Thats what wins you championships.

Because Bass at his age has room to improve on the defensive end. Zbo even his contract year wants nothing to do with it. Have you seen ZBo play btw? His defense is a MAJOR dropoff from Bass's. Also not jumpshot happy? Do we really need that mood here?

We need to focus on DEFENSE and guys who are willing to play it. Thats what wins you championships.

Not to mention Randolph leads the charge of "guys who don't do anything to help their team win other than score points for themselves".

What Bass has over ZBo in defending quicker players ZBo has over Bass defending the post and rebounding. Both are awful with rotations, almost a wash.

ZBo wouldn't be the main target anyways. The idea here is to be able to get a player with star potential and still replace Bass for a better player. Maybe by next year the Magic don't even need to make an offer for ZBo, having both Anderson and Clark grow and be able to man the PF position.

in 2012, I'd be much more confident re-signing Dwight if the team had OJ Mayo rather than Bass. Otis needs to do what Cleveland wasn't able to do, which is to stay in title contention and have a future for the franchise. If Bass, Clark, and Anderson are the only young prospects the Magic has by 2012, I'm not sure why he'd stay (unless the team managed to win a title).