VCplusD12

The Official MMA Thread

Dana has a point, though. There are like 4 top female fighters and they were all fighting in Saturday's card. (Not counting Cyborg because she was caught juicing)

But I'm sure that if the UFC really wanted they could make an interesting women's 135 division.

My piece on Jones vs Evans for the UFC Forum

UFC 145 brings us one of the most anticipated matchups of the year, with the youngest champion in UFC history, Jon Jones, defending light-heavyweight gold against former partner turned arch enemy, Rashad Evans.

The rivalry began back in March 2011, when Jones replaced injured teammate Rashad Evans for a shot at Mauricio Rua's belt. Jones's success and imminent stardom led to a conflict of interests in the locker room, with Evans and Jones having to face each other in order to become or stay champion, respectively.

More than heated discussions we can also expect fireworks in the cage where dynamic and highly effective styles of wrestling will collide. Over his vast takedown arsenal, Jones has such competent defense to never being taken down in his 10 UFC fights. On the other hand, Evans is the light-heavyweight with most takedowns scored in UFC history and his wrestling looked to be as sharp as ever in his lopsided decision against top wrestler, Phil Davis.

The stand-up aspect of the sport won't be irrelevant either, with both men finding success on their feet in different occasions. As an example, Rashad Evans knocked out Chuck Liddell in his last fight in Atlanta, while Jon Jones dropped elite strikers Mauricio Rua and Lyoto Machida.

Despite the continuing battle of words, both fighters seemed calm and tired of the drama in the last few days leading up to the event. Though less contributing to the rivalry, the serenity and focusedness usually means sharper athletes. Ones that are physically and mentally prepared to compete.

That was the most boring main I've seen in awhile, after Evans got rocked with those elbows in the 2nd round he was never the same and it was all down hill from there.

Jones is awesome but It's just starting to be boring for me to watch him fight, I want to see Jones get rattled and actually be challenged in a fight.

That was the most boring main I've seen in awhile, after Evans got rocked with those elbows in the 2nd round he was never the same and it was all down hill from there.

Jones is awesome but It's just starting to be boring for me to watch him fight, I want to see Jones get rattled and actually be challenged in a fight.

Evans got rocked in the 2nd round and shortly after that my computer froze! I had to change to my brother's laptop and I thought the fight would have been finished by then. The 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds were just formalities

I like watching Jones, hope he beats Dan Henderson in brutal fashion, but if Jones moves up to HW it will be a different story, I'm not sure he could ragdoll those guys