Sign in to follow this  
asia#1

why we don't make the playoffs

i finally realized why the magic don't make the playoffs. i also realize why we magic fans keep coming back every year for more disappointment.

has anybody else noticed that every single year, we start off to a hot start and everybody feels as if we're going to make the playoffs. but then, once we hit december, all hell breaks loose and we start going on 4 game losing streaks with 3 wins in the entire month. this carries on until about late march or early april. after that, we go on an amazing run and we just barely miss the playoffs. but b/c we finished so strong, we magic fans believe that next year we'll make the playoffs. well is it just me or is it every year the we magic fans are saying "we'll make the playoffs next year." if this pattern continues, i feel as if we'll never make the playoffs again. we just have to shake up this yearly habit the magic have adapted to. either this or it's b/c the sun is spinning on it's axis and it's rotational pattern screws up the angle at which the magic shoot at the basket, therefore allowing all of the maigc's shots to be off. this in turn angles the opposing teams basket at an angle at which they can make their free throws and consistently hit their 3pt shots. but of course, this starts up at the end of november and carries on til spring arrives. so that's about during this time that the magic should go on their incredible late season run, and just fall short one game on making the playoffs. and the last team to make the playoffs will be ny. so we all now know that we should blame the sun and the wintery season for the magic not making the playoffs. it all makes perfect sense now.

i finally realized why the magic don't make the playoffs. i also realize why we magic fans keep coming back every year for more disappointment.

has anybody else noticed that every single year, we start off to a hot start and everybody feels as if we're going to make the playoffs. but then, once we hit december, all hell breaks loose and we start going on 4 game losing streaks with 3 wins in the entire month. this carries on until about late march or early april. after that, we go on an amazing run and we just barely miss the playoffs. but b/c we finished so strong, we magic fans believe that next year we'll make the playoffs. well is it just me or is it every year the we magic fans are saying "we'll make the playoffs next year." if this pattern continues, i feel as if we'll never make the playoffs again. we just have to shake up this yearly habit the magic have adapted to. either this or it's b/c the sun is spinning on it's axis and it's rotational pattern screws up the angle at which the magic shoot at the basket, therefore allowing all of the maigc's shots to be off. this in turn angles the opposing teams basket at an angle at which they can make their free throws and consistently hit their 3pt shots. but of course, this starts up at the end of november and carries on til spring arrives. so that's about during this time that the magic should go on their incredible late season run, and just fall short one game on making the playoffs. and the last team to make the playoffs will be ny. so we all now know that we should blame the sun and the wintery season for the magic not making the playoffs. it all makes perfect sense now.

the difference this year is that if we make a 16-6 run like last year...we'd finish 45-40 (minus 3 wins because only 82 games) so actually...42-40...thats a record above .500 and that would probably be good enough to take the 5th or 6th playoff spot in the east. We will make the playoffs this year I'm 99% positive about that. We need to start consistently winning so that we never have to worry about MAKING the playoffs...instaed we have to think about WINNING the championship.

That day will come in 2 years (2008/2009 season)...just wait.

Why we REALLY won't make the playoffs.

Poll posted on homepage:

What playoff spot will the Magic finish the season in?

We don't have any idea how many playoff spots there are!?!?! I hope we aren't shooting for the "last playoff spot" cuz according to the Magic 9 get in, but according to the rest of the world only 8 get in. Come on Magic let's get it together and stop hoping to get that "last playoff spot"