Sign in to follow this  
magicmikej

ESPN Auction League

I just created another fantasy league on ESPN. The league name is Magic Victory March and is open to the public. I invite all of our message board members to join.

The league draft will be at 700pm on Friday Oct 8th. Go to ESPN Fantasy Basketball and click on join. Scroll to Friday at 7:00 pm and find Magic Victory March.

The league will be a auction draft with each member given $200 dollars to buy 13 players. That's an average of $15 per player, so you must decide if you want to spend $100 on purchasing DH or buy other players spending less. It's challenging and takes some strategy to suceed.

It will be head to head competition using 8 scoring categories. I hope you can join me. Let's play. No need to reply just follow the steps I outlined.

Mods please let this stay until Friday at 7. Thanks''

I've never done the auction draft. Do you mind explaining some more?

Do players get more value as the season progresses? Let's say I buy JJ for $10 and he's playing out of his mind. Can I sell him or drop him for more?

I've never done the auction draft. Do you mind explaining some more?

Do players get more value as the season progresses? Let's say I buy JJ for $10 and he's playing out of his mind. Can I sell him or drop him for more?

Espn will put a value on each player based on last year. As your turn comes you may choose any player to be put up for bid. The bidding continues until the final bid is made. So lets say D12 goes for $6o the player winning the bid will see his bank go down by $60. He now owns D12 and has $140 left to buy 12 more players. This will continue until each team has purchased 13 players.

After all teams are complete the values no longer matter. Any free agents have no value. So you may add or drop players and $$ are not involved.

You may choose any player for bidding and you can go either way, do you want that player or do you want other teams to spend their money while you save yours for someone else. There is a countdown clock on bidding and as each new bid is entered it recylces to 5 seconds. It is a lot of fun and makes the player decide who is worth what. You need to fill each position so you don't want multiple players at any one given position. The positions are pg, g sg, sf,pf, f, c and 3 u with 3 bench players.

Hope this helps.