Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Don't Be Scared of the Miami Heat, They're Not That Good

By Bill Cody (Featured Columnist...Bleacher Report) on August 4, 2010

"I have to admit. I am really baffled by the fans who think the Miami Heat are shoo ins for the NBA title next year.

This is a team that has serious problems and nothing that Pat Riley has done since signing the big three has done anything to change that.

First of all, the premise that these are three of the best players in the NBA is patently false as far as I am concerned. I'll give you Wade and LeBron but Chris Bosh? Puhleeze!

Bosh is a nice player who's never been a real impact on the court.

He has good stats. So did Vince Carter when he played for the Raptors. So did Elton Brand when he played for the Bulls and the Clippers.

Brand actually took his team to the second round of the playoffs and received several MVP votes four years ago. Bosh has never done that.

It's easy to have big stats when you're playing for a losing team.

Great players make a team better. When they join a team it immediately gets better: Tim Duncan as a rookie for the Spurs, Shaquille O'Neil when he went to Orlando, the Lakers and the Miami Heat.

Bosh has never shown himself to be a great player. The Raptors were mediocre before Bosh and they'll be mediocre after Bosh.

It will also be interesting to see how Bosh reacts to being the third fiddle. How's he going to handle it when he gets 10 touches for an entire game. How's he going to react when he doesn't even get double digit points in some games.

Then there's the two main stars. I'll be honest, I love Dwayne Wade.

Unlike Bosh with the Raptors, the Miami Heat immediately got better as soon as Wade joined the team out of college. When Shaq joined the following year they won the title. Since then he's carried the team on his shoulders and made them much better than they should have been.

But Wade has definite liabilities."

Read the rest of the article:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/429888-dont-be-scared-of-the-miami-heat-theyre-not-that-good

From what I read, your arguement is based on Bosh not being a great player. Which I would agree with, but he doesn't have to be. They have freakin LeBron and Wade. Besides, other than Dwight...who on our team is great? I would love nothing more than to beat Miami, but I don't think we can win a seven game series against them without getting a better #2 guy behind Dwight.

From what I read, your arguement is based on Bosh not being a great player. Which I would agree with, but he doesn't have to be. They have freakin LeBron and Wade. Besides, other than Dwight...who on our team is great? I would love nothing more than to beat Miami, but I don't think we can win a seven game series against them without getting a better #2 guy behind Dwight.

it really depends on the cutoff point for great. If great is capable of being the top guy on a mediocre team then Bosh is great, Danny Granger is great, Aaron Brooks is great...

Bosh is a great player, not at the same level of Wade and James.

As he can say that bosh is great in toronto in the middle of a bunch of mediocre players, we can say that bosh would be great in the middle of two superstars who can feed him and absorb the double team defense.

Miami would be great, and probably would win the champ. but still they have to prove it playing and winning.

One thing that I trip out on from this summer is how some people actually consider Bosh to be a legit superstar. I mean he's an all star but he's not on the superstar level. At all.

One thing that I trip out on from this summer is how some people actually consider Bosh to be a legit superstar. I mean he's an all star but he's not on the superstar level. At all.

I agree, but he's the third option in Miami...which is pretty scary.

I hope egos clash, don't think we have the talent to beat them straight up.