Sign in to follow this  
Jameera Nelshon

Carlos Arroyo confirms Miami Heat agreement

# Carlos Arroyo confirms Miami Heat agreement

quote:
Point guard Carlos Arroyo, who last season added a Latin beat to the Miami Heat, Wednesday told the Sun Sentinel that he is flying back from his native Puerto Rico to re-sign with the team, with the formalities expected to be addressed Thursday.

quote:
The 6-foot-2 product of Florida International University averaged 6.1 points, 3.1 assists and 1.8 rebounding in an average of 22 minutes last season, shooting .475 from the field and .844 from the foul line. His field-goal percentage was a career high.

He finished second to New Orleans Hornets point guard Chris Paul in NBA assist-to-turnover ratio, with 4.17 assists per turnover. He did not commit a turnover in 38 of his 72 appearances.

quote:
Arroyo grew particularly close with Wade last season, developing a strong on-court chemistry when utilized in the starting lineup.

Wade, however, was taken by how Arroyo emerged as the lone Heat player with theme music, asking at one point during the playoffs, "Man, how come none of us have songs and you do?"

Replied Arroyo, "because I have the rhythm," rocking his hips for effect.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sp...2110,0,4734814.story

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
``I've seen what he can do for a while, and he's one of the best playmakers....on our team'' Wade said of Arroyo.

Fixed.

quote:
"By re-signing Carlos," Riley said , "we feel we have accomplished another big step in adding to this team. Carlos showed last season that he was one of the most competitive and efficient point guards in the NBA , and we are happy to have him back."

****! Now the Magic would need to upgrade the PG position to match the Heat's! We have to bring in Chris Paul!

I like how you changed your sig (the quote from Wade) just because I exposed it for what he really meant.

In a sad, twisted way, I miss the Arroyo fanatics.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
``I've seen what he can do for a while, and he's one of the best playmakers....on our team'' Wade said of Arroyo.

Fixed.

Well.I guess that you really "read" what you want to read and if it is not there you write it! Well, if that makes you feell better...but reality is there even if you do not like it.

Here you have the real exact words Wade said:

quote:
AN OLYMPIC STANDOUT

But Arroyo was best known for his play with Puerto Rico's national team, where he was free to freelance as he led his team to a bronze medal in a 2003 Olympic qualifying tournament. Puerto Rico finished sixth in the 2004 Athens Games, which included his 25-point effort in a blowout win over a U.S. team that included Heat star Dwyane Wade.

"I've seen what he can do for a while, and he's one of the best playmakers when he's on his game," Wade said of Arroyo. "He's also been on some really good teams that have won in the playoffs, so he can help a lot."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sp...0,5318356,full.story

If you would like to read the real thing, let me know, I have some better things for you!