Sign in to follow this  
dirt7728

Paul wants out (with link)

I wonder why people honestly believe it would be Stern's choice for a superteam to form and to make sure they win every year.

Stern may be a lying scum, but he's not an idiot.

OK if I were Chris Paul if the money were equal in my contract...

1.) Knicks have no history of recent success of any kind. Have no team chemistry. May take 3-5 years to get championship caliber. Have state inc tax.

2.) Lakers- Kobe will be falling off soon he has alot of miles. Odom is aging. Bynum will need to go to complete trade. So Gasol is only legit player to continue building club. Team will lose Phil Jackson after the year and be unstable particularly if Kobe isnt happy with the new coach. Quite frankly, the team is very unstable after this year. State tax also. Im not sure the Hornets want to dump potential big money on a lazy and oft injured Bynum which they will have to.

3.) Orlando- Best young player outside Lebron in the league locked up for several years. No state inc tax. Stable coaching. Stable core consisting of young talent. Great complimentary players to Paul like JJ, Howard, Shard and even Anderson and Bass (assuming gortat, Jameer and Vince are traded). Great success in last 2 years. Great opportunity to develop the in state rivalry with the Heat. Dwight asking for Paul to join the team which means Otis BETTER make him happy. Best chance to win one now!

Quite frankly if his demand is truly to go to NY, Orl or LA it would be crazy for him to go anywhere but Orlando. If Otis ponys up and Paul says trade me it is nearly a given but have made more sense without letting our Turk tpe expire. It will be one heck of a fun team to watch with Paul. Keeping my fingers crossed!

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

1.) Knicks have no history of recent success of any kind. Have no team chemistry. May take 3-5 years to get championship caliber. Have state inc tax.

2.) Lakers- Kobe will be falling off soon he has alot of miles. Odom is aging. Bynum will need to go to complete trade. So Gasol is only legit player to continue building club. Team will lose Phil Jackson after the year and be unstable particularly if Kobe isnt happy with the new coach. Quite frankly, the team is very unstable after this year. State tax also.

3.) Orlando- Best young player outside Lebron in the league locked up for several years. No state inc tax. Stable coaching. Stable core consisting of young talent. Geart complimentary players to Paul like JJ, Howard, Shard and even Anderson and Bass (assuming gortat, Jameer and Vince are traded). Great success in last 2 years. Great opportunity to develop the in state rivalry with the Heat. Best chance to win one now!

Quite frankly if his demand is truly to go to NY, Orl or LA it would be crazy for him to go anywhere but Orlando. If Otis ponys up and Paul says trade me it is nearly a given but have made more sense without letting our Turk tpe expire. It will be one heck of a fun team to watch with Paul. Keeping my fingers crossed!

NY could convince him that their next move would be to get 'Melo when he opts out into free agency. His representation could convince him of the same thing.

Orlando might be the smartest move (especially from our own perspective), but the lure of teaming up with Carmelo might do the trick.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

2.) Lakers- Kobe will be falling off soon he has alot of miles. Odom is aging. Bynum will need to go to complete trade. So Gasol is only legit player to continue building club. Team will lose Phil Jackson after the year and be unstable particularly if Kobe isnt happy with the new coach. Quite frankly, the team is very unstable after this year. State tax also.

3.) Orlando- Best young player outside Lebron in the league locked up for several years. No state inc tax. Stable coaching. Stable core consisting of young talent. Geart complimentary players to Paul like JJ, Howard, Shard and even Anderson and Bass (assuming gortat, Jameer and Vince are traded). Great success in last 2 years. Great opportunity to develop the in state rivalry with the Heat. Best chance to win one now!

NY could convince him that their next move would be to get 'Melo when he opts out into free agency. His representation could convince him of the same thing.

Orlando might be the smartest move (especially from our own perspective), but the lure of teaming up with Carmelo might do the trick.

isnt melo close to a extension with denver? 3 yr 65 mil?

Melo is no sure thing! Him, Amare and Melo at best would take 2-3 years to be championship worthy. They gutted the team and have no chemistry. There coach has been there a year and already had issues with amare once. I just dont see it. Frankly, I think LA would be a distant second choice and NY the 3rd. Orlando just has it all in place in my opinion.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
jameernelson

Still wit da kids. Waitng on barber to come cut me, my son and nephew. Hes only 1 yr old and still up runnin around. Day just got longer! 2 minutes ago via web

Frowner

what are they getting cuts for?

a new orleans presser?