Sign in to follow this  
patport21

BREAKING: Matt Barnes to Lakers (PG. 16)

If Indiana is involved I don't think Bird rights matter since the guy they're named after runs the Pacers.

Bird can have whatever rights he flippin wants. He's Bird.

Seriously though, really wondering how this whole S&T thing is going to work out. Seems a little weird.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I'm not a big CBA guy, but I see no reason why we'd have to be involved in anything.

We don't have to be, and any trade we're involved in would be completely separate from Barnes decision.

quote:

I don't think Toronto ever officially signed Kleiza. If anything, a S&T may be in order with him, and Barnes getting the MLE.

The Raptors have signed Kleiza. He was a RFA who signed an offer sheet that Denver didn't match, therefore he's under contract. The Raptors can't sign Barnes without a S&T. But I'm unsure if we are allowed to S&T Barnes because we don't own his bird rights. If we could, the easiest thing would just take a TPE for him. But people are saying Indiana wants to get involved so they can have Calderon, but who do we take? Troy Murphy would be a good fit on this team, but adding him creates a logjam for playing time with other players unless we deal Pietrus or something.

I don't know, but this is really confusing.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:

I don't think Toronto ever officially signed Kleiza. If anything, a S&T may be in order with him, and Barnes getting the MLE.

The Raptors have signed Kleiza. He was a RFA who signed an offer sheet that Denver didn't match, therefore he's under contract. The Raptors can't sign Barnes without a S&T. But I'm unsure if we are allowed to S&T Barnes because we don't own his bird rights. If we could, the easiest thing would just take a TPE for him. But people are saying Indiana wants to get involved so they can have Calderon, but who do we take? Troy Murphy would be a good fit on this team, but adding him creates a logjam for playing time with other players unless we deal Pietrus or something.

I think it's just bad reporting from Marc Stein, there's no way we can SNT Barnes. We have no money to give him aside from BAE, which certainly doesn't approach $5 million.

quote:

I'd take Troy Murphy for any combination of Gortat/Pietrus/Bass.

Im sure we would have to give up something but i hope not Gortat. Maybe MP and Anderson. Then we have Lewis able to go to the sf. T Murphy is big and has a jumper with range.

Good luck Matt Barnes. I wish you well. And thanks for picking the Raptors. It will be easier to cheer for him.

quote:
Originally posted by real thrilla:

quote:

quote:

I think it's just bad reporting from Marc Stein, there's no way we can SNT Barnes. We have no money to give him aside from BAE, which certainly doesn't approach $5 million.

Well, I'm pretty sure the Raptors can not sign Barnes to that deal without a S&T because they've already signed Kleiza for most of it. But I'm also pretty sure we can't S&T him. So I have no clue what's going on.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by real thrilla:

quote:

quote:

Well, I'm pretty sure the Raptors can not sign Barnes to that deal without a S&T because they've already signed Kleiza for most of it. But I'm also pretty sure we can't S&T him. So I have no clue what's going on.

That's where another team would have to get involved to sign him, but I'm not sure why they would.