Sign in to follow this  
WestCoastMagicFan

Did anyone happen to see this?

Just a random question didnt really know were else to ask it but what about Kwame Brown. If gortat gets traded and we dont bring back a big in the deal we would need a back up and Orten wont be it for another year or two. If it wasn't for the 1st overall in the draft thing if he was pick like 37 overall he could be seen as a solid roll player. I mean playing Gortats min with a good coach and player to work with in practice he wont be half bad and i dont see him coasting too much right now??

quote:
Originally posted by MouseNtheHouse:

Im a huge Melo fan, so dont even question me there bro. I know his game well. Im not even saying we can or will get him, but to say you wouldn't want him even if you could get him is just mind numbingly dumb imo. Guy is one of the few who can matchup with Bron on both ends of the court physically. In terms of his scoring repertoire, it's one of the most diverse in the league 2nd only probably to Kobe imo. Who cares if he doesnt shoot abunch of three's or isnt the greatest athlete on the defensive ens, his in between game is lethal. Who are you kidding bro, give me Melo every day of the week over anybody we got on our perimeter...

good for you!

I was making my argument as to why I don't think he's a good fit for the magic.

quote:
Originally posted by MouseNtheHouse:

I'd rather keep VC's expiring than trade it for Deng. Heck if Melo doesn't sign his extension this year, maybe WE can get him next summer for VC's expiring and a cpl of picks... He'd be perfect in our system, and he's the best thing @ SF after LeBron.

This

Why let the Bulls get his expiring to get Melo?

The Magic should want Melo. Not friggin Luol Deng.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Carter, Bass, 2011 1st RD, 2012 1st Rd for Melo and filler (if needed).

U can't trade 1st round picks in back to back years.

Ok fine, 2011 and 2013.

I'll throw in 2015 for good measure if it will get this deal done.