Sign in to follow this  
Magic2782

Magic GM thought LeBron was 'more of a competitor'

Wait, did Buttermilk just say Iggy in his prime is better than Vince was?

Buttermilk, Iggy is a great player, yes, but he will fit our system as much as vince.

Unless, we get a true PF and change our 4 around 1 system. Then, I'm all for it. But we need a change of system first.

Buttermilk, you are the wind beneath my wings...

but Jareth, he's my hero

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

Iggy is def a upgrade over Vince now. I would def trade for him, my only beef with him is he can not shoot.

A-men, brother. A-men.

quote:

Iggy is def a upgrade over Vince now. I would def trade for him, my only beef with him is he can not shoot.

If it makes you feel any better, Iggy's career TS% AND eFG% are better than Vince's career numbers... and perhaps Iggy has not even reached peak yet.

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

Wait, did Buttermilk just say Iggy in his prime is better than Vince was?

Buttermilk, Iggy is a great player, yes, but he will fit our system as much as vince.

Unless, we get a true PF and change our 4 around 1 system. Then, I'm all for it. But we need a change of system first.

Buttermilk, you are the wind beneath my wings...

but Jareth, he's my hero

No, I said Iggy (who might not even be in his prime) NOW is better than 2010 Vince is.

However, I did say that Iggy now is a better defender than Vince was in his prime... this isn't even debatable.

Oh, and Iggy is the kind of player that could fit just fine with this system. With a stretch four, he has much more room to get to the rim on drives, something we all thought Wincent was going to do consistently...

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Go back and read what I originally said to you. I said I agree that the "Garnett" tag is more accurate for him, but he is getting slapped with the "Pippen" tag, and that's not by just me. All the old players that are analysts now are saying it, the top trending topic on Twitter last night when LeBron made his announcement was "Scottie Pippen", do you know why?

I know analysts are dumb, and Twitter is Twitter. Who would care about such things? LeBron James does.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh my God, you made a smiley face. How can I ever argue that? If you haven't watched the TV today I can't help you. I'm telling you what almost everyone is saying about LeBron.

quote:

quote:

If it makes you feel any better, Iggy's career TS% AND eFG% are better than Vince's career numbers... and perhaps Iggy has not even reached peak yet.

True he could always become a better shooter. Almost anything is better than Vince at this point.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Go back and read what I originally said to you. I said I agree that the "Garnett" tag is more accurate for him, but he is getting slapped with the "Pippen" tag, and that's not by just me. All the old players that are analysts now are saying it, the top trending topic on Twitter last night when LeBron made his announcement was "Scottie Pippen", do you know why?

I know analysts are dumb, and Twitter is Twitter. Who would care about such things? LeBron James does.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh my God, you made a smiley face. How can I ever argue that? If you haven't watched the TV today I can't help you. I'm telling you what almost everyone is saying about LeBron.

I just find it interesting that while you personally agree the KG reference is more accurate, you still slap him with the Pippen tag...

Did anyone actually take the time to watch that LBJ interview?

LeBron does NOT think he's Scottie Pippen. Which is why I hold out hope that LBJ & Wade might butt heads if things don't go their way, like Godforbid a 4 game losing streak or something.

Hell that's not to even mention Bosh, who's ego has him believing he's Shaq in his prime or something.

KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen had been through enough to be willing to sacrifice. I'm not convinced LeBron and/or Bosh have gotten that far in their careers to actually sacrifice anything yet like "The Big Three" have.

P.S. Vince in his prime > > > Iggy now > Vince now.

There is no way Lebron and his team are going to Miami to be Scottie Pippen. I think he has it in his mind that he is going to be Magic Johnson and try to average a triple double in a year like Oscar Robertson.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

LeBron does NOT think he's Scottie Pippen. Which is why I hold out hope that LBJ & Wade might butt heads if things don't go their way, like Godforbid a 4 game losing streak or something.

Hell that's not to even mention Bosh, who's ego has him believing he's Shaq in his prime or something.

KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen had been through enough to be willing to sacrifice. I'm not convinced LeBron and/or Bosh have gotten that far in their careers to actually sacrifice anything yet like "The Big Three" have.

Let's say it is not working out, who does Pat Riley trade?

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Let's say it is not working out, who does Pat Riley trade?

I don't think Riley would ever trade any of them.. although even Shaq's been traded, if I remember the Kobe-Shaq saga correctly.. but I could see it being enough to stop them from winning it all.