Sign in to follow this  
duelingdragons

Ho-lee CRAP @ open letter to Cavs fans from owner Dan Gilbert

I know a lot of non-Cav fans may give Gilbert crap for this, but I'm glad our owner called out LeBron to how he handled the whole free agency thing. Dan Gilbert truly loves the city of Cleveland and wants to see the city get a title. Maybe it's not the most professional thing to do, but I appreciate it from him. Cut the B.S. and say what everyone else is feeling.

Gotta love this empty promise: I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER

quote:
Originally posted by friendlycavsfan:

I know a lot of non-Cav fans may give Gilbert crao for this, but I'm glad our owner called our LeBron to how he handled the whole free agency thing. Dan Gilbert truly loves the city of Cleveland and wants to see the city get a title. Maybe it's not the most professional thing to do, but I appreciate it from him. Cut the B.S. and say what everyone else is feeling.

He's got balls that's for **** sure.

It's what Cavs fans wanna hear.

I do understand where is the owner is coming from and he has every right to feel angered by this event, but I honestly don't believe that he went a little overboard calling him coward and selfish, it wasn't his obligation to stay in their city.

quote:
Originally posted by Icemansync:

I do understand where is the owner is coming from and he has every right to feel angered by this event, but I honestly don't believe that he went a little overboard calling him coward and selfish, it wasn't his obligation to stay in their city.

you dont do it on national tv though and make yourself a spectacle.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Icemansync:

you dont do it on national tv though and make yourself a spectacle.

I do understand that the whole tv thing was out of proportion because they were making a big deal out of this.. but honestly the letter was harsh and is written with things that don't make them seem professional. Like I stated, I do know that it hurts and they have every right to be mad. But I do feel that it was a little unprofessional for the owner went a little overboard.

Yeah, I do agree there's a lot in there that isn't professional, like the guaranteeing of championships before the Heat and such. But in all unbiased opinions, LeBron really did screw Gilbert over. I'm not just saying that because LeBron just left. Besides holding the team hostage, he alienated Gilbert throughout free agency. Gilbert found out about the decision as it aired, I mean, come on now. Couldn't call your (former) owner to at least let him know? According to reports, the only main contact they had together was this week when the Cavs met with LeBron. Other than that, LeBron pretty much took the organization for a ride. Not to mention, he went onto national TV to make a spectacle out of letting the Cavs fan know that he was out, regardless of any of his promises and such.

Gilbert has always told us fans to not look at him as a millionaire owner, but as a fan wanting to give us a title. That's why I appreciate the letter from him because he said screw it, I'm going to be real with the fans. LeBron dicked us over, I'm calling him out!

Like I stated in another thread, I wish I wasn't leaving for Texas tomorrow for 10 days, I'd love to keep you guys updated on the madness here in Cleveland.

Cheers!

LeBron handled this poorly and the criticism for that is justified.

But, Cleveland screwed the pooch, & Gilbert should hold himself accountable for that if he's going to villianize LeBron.

Brown & Ferry should have been fired a long time ago. Desperately cleaning house now was too little, too late.

Trading for Shaq & Jamison was laughable. Cleveland used or should I say misused 40 mill in assets to acquire Shaq, Jamison, Moon, & Parker??? Not one of those players improved Cleveland last year or gave LeBron a running mate for the future.

When Cleveland's FO was claiming Jamison was a better fit than Amare, that proved their incompetence. When they consumated that deal, it was the death nail. IMO, Amare was the last chance to save LeBron. They had exhausted a mountain of assets and gone backwards while building no future. Why would LeBron stay. To rebuild for 2 more years?

Say what you will about LeBron, but Cleveland blew their shot to build a team around him that would keep him happy. They blew it at the trade deadline two years in a row when they had a golden opportunity to win a title. LeBron is what LeBron is, but the Cavs blew it!