Sign in to follow this  
J-VilleMagicfan89

Now the Cav fans know

Now the arrogant Cav fans know how the Magic fans felt in 96' when Shaq let town. The worst part comes later when he's hoisting up golden basketball trophies for another team. When that happens then they will fully understand the pain the Magic fan.

quote:
Originally posted by friendlycavsfan:

What about when Art Modell moved the Cleveland Browns over night and that same team raised the Super Bowl trophy only 5 years later??

We know the feeling all too well icon_frown.gif

I wonder if LeBron has considered the fact that he will NEVER be able to come back to Cleveland/Akron without seriously taking his life in his hands.

quote:
Originally posted by andie:
Originally posted by friendlycavsfan:

What about when Art Modell moved the Cleveland Browns over night and that same team raised the Super Bowl trophy only 5 years later??

We know the feeling all too well icon_frown.gif

Yeah I wonder if he really understands the magnitude of it all. I mean, Art Modell has never stepped foot into Ohio again, not even for his BEST friends funeral. LeBron will be forced to come back to play. Already talk around here that security is going to be ridiculous when the Heat visit Cleveland, which is understandable. there's always that idiot who will try and do everything they can to make a statement and get noticed.

Regardless though, its kind of sad. LeBron grew up in Akron, still lives there, and gives a lot to the community. But he chose to not be able to step foot in it again until maybe he's 80? Haha.

I wish I didn't have a flight to Texas for 10 days tomorrow. I'd love to keep you guys updated on the insanity here in Cleveland.

EDIT: I apologize, this was a response to andie. I don't know why I quoted myself.

Cleveland has 3 pro teams but the last time we had a championship team was in 1964-the year The Beatles came to America for the first time.

I am a Magic fan BUT I am sick of other cities getting championships year after year and I am sick of Cleveland's teams being the butt of jokes around the NFL, NBA, and MLB.

There was a lot of hope in Cleveland with LeBron. With his defection I guess I will be well entrenched in the afterlife before another championship trophy comes to town.

Ringo just turned 70 this week. *Sigh*

As a diehard Magic fan, I truly disliked the Cavaliers and most of their fanbase 6 and a half hours ago. Now..I truly feel horrible for them. I wanted Lebron to stay there in his home state. It was a good healthy rivalry between Boston/Orlando/Cleveland over the last couple years. We feel bad too Cavs fans. We felt like we had a shot at a title and now our chances just went down by quite a bit. Not as much as yours did lol, but still. This isn't a good day for any NBA fan unless they're a Lebron worshipper or a Heat fan.

I also think it's a good comparison to how we felt when Shaq bolted on us and won several titles in Los Angeles. Just painful.

Well, if you guys don't make the playoffs this season, root for us to take down the almighty Heat. I think we're the only team in the east capable of doing it at this point.

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

As a diehard Magic fan, I truly disliked the Cavaliers and most of their fanbase 6 and a half hours ago. Now..I truly feel horrible for them. I wanted Lebron to stay there in his home state. It was a good healthy rivalry between Boston/Orlando/Cleveland over the last couple years. We feel bad too Cavs fans. We felt like we had a shot at a title and now our chances just went down by quite a bit. Not as much as yours did lol, but still. This isn't a good day for any NBA fan unless they're a Lebron worshipper or a Heat fan.

I also think it's a good comparison to how we felt when Shaq bolted on us and won several titles in Los Angeles. Just painful.

Well, if you guys don't make the playoffs this season, root for us to take down the almighty Heat. I think we're the only team in the east capable of doing it at this point.

At this point I'd even root for the Celtics to take the Heat down but I'd far rather the Magic get the job done. Let's just hope the egos of the three get in the way.