Sign in to follow this  
A BETTER DJ

Otis has been awesome!

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

Actually I hope we keep Vince Carter. I really like Chris Paul and would love to have him here in Orlando. But I would like to see if Vince Carter can comeback better this season. He should have something to prove for as his absence in the Bobcat and Celtic series. I just hope Otis go after Carlos Boozer to play the 4 for us. Just to have this starting 5 would be huge advantage over teams:

Nelson,Carter,Lewis,Boozer,Howard

WE NEED BOOZER. A more traditional lineup. Howard will have help on the boards with Boozer there. Get it done Otis.

you would think that vince would have had something to prove last season given the perception of him by so many. i doubt we'll see a different vc next season.

and again, pf is not our problem

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:

I just do not agree. Maybe Turk is not as "good" as Carter, but Turk fits the Magic system, and Carter does not. We got to the finals with Turk on the team, and Carter did not show at all against Boston. I think we lost alot of talent but giving up Lee for an old has been that will never win a ring.

Your wonderful TURK...chose to get out of Orlando. Yes we made it to the finals with him WHoopie!! BUt please, please tell me one thing he did in the finals? Turk was also on the Magic when Detriot kept kicking our butts. It was other pieces like Peaches and Alston that helped us get better. Everybody wants to blame Carter for us not making the finals that's not fair. And before Otis was GM, the magic had the worst record in the league. Magic fans are beyond ungrateful

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

all you otis haters can grumble all you want. the facts are clear, we have made it to the Finals and ECF in back to back years. Our personnel has been a huge reason for that happening.

He snagged two coveted role players the last two years for the MLE in Bass and Pietrus. He pulled off a much needed trade for Rafer Alston last year when Jameer went down, whom we essentially got for cook. We got two contributing role players in JWill and Barnes last offseason for close to nothing.

People got on him about drafting JJ, but look how he's improved. Gortat was a late second round pick and is now a coveted center in the league.

And for you guys that have no clue. VC's expiring contract actually has a quite a bit of trade value.

No GM's are perfect, there are tons of teams that would love to be in the Magic's position. we were ranked the 2nd best sports franchise for 09-10... FIRST in bang for the buck.....

those of you hating are nothing but that. haters.

Can't put it much better than this. There's about 26-27 NBA teams and 26-27 team fan bases who wishes they were in our position right now. Even Cleveland hasn't done as well as us each of the last two seasons. Sometimes I think Magic Nation is becoming a bunch of spoiled babies.

Let's not forget the most important move of all: Resigning Dwight to a five-year contract. We're not having to worry about losing our franchise player this offseason, unlike Cleveland, Miami, Toronto, Atlanta, Dallas (sort of), Utah, or even New Orleans.

I think the last semi-mistake Otis made was signing Rashard for the max.. as in 118 million total. However if he would of signed for 70-75 million as was first reported, no one would of had a problem with that. SVG has been good and bad for him... good in that he has him playing better defense than he EVER played in Seattle, bad in that he's pigeonholed him into being a three point shooter when he's been capable of far more than that. He can shoot the three, post up, and drive the ball a little. Hopefully the Magic FINALLY put him at SF where he belongs this next season, and hopefully it's not too late... hopefully he's still got the legs to show the total offensive package that made him a top 20-30 player in this league in his days in Seattle.

In general I just think Otis and Ownership mostly deserve our praise, not our constant nitpicking.

Couldn't agree no more with both of you! Our team is the way it is today, a contender caliber team, because of the things that Otis has been doing through all this years. I'm too calm because I know that next week we will be even better. He knows what to do.

"It's always about winning a championship" by Otis Smith

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

all you otis haters can grumble all you want. the facts are clear, we have made it to the Finals and ECF in back to back years. Our personnel has been a huge reason for that happening.

He snagged two coveted role players the last two years for the MLE in Bass and Pietrus. He pulled off a much needed trade for Rafer Alston last year when Jameer went down, whom we essentially got for cook. We got two contributing role players in JWill and Barnes last offseason for close to nothing.

People got on him about drafting JJ, but look how he's improved. Gortat was a late second round pick and is now a coveted center in the league.

And for you guys that have no clue. VC's expiring contract actually has a quite a bit of trade value.

No GM's are perfect, there are tons of teams that would love to be in the Magic's position. we were ranked the 2nd best sports franchise for 09-10... FIRST in bang for the buck.....

those of you hating are nothing but that. haters.

Thank you! And none of them could have his Job and put this team in a better position. I cant stand ungrateful, always complaining fans. thats why a lot of players leave town!

I think Otis has done a decent job but I also believe a large amount of the credit goes to ownership. Had ownership said that they refuse to pay luxury tax during difficult economic times then this team would be crippled by the Lewis contract. Ownership has stepped up in a big way allowing Otis the opportunity to makeup for a poison pill contract which I believe he has done very well.