quote:
Originally posted by Irishdawg90:

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

I dont care how much you dont like Vince Carter.

That is a huge step backwards and everyone knows it.

THronton? Henrich? Those guys to get Magic over the top? think again.

Actually, its not a step backwards. It's a lateral move, AT LEAST. VC sucks man. He needs to get like Sheed.

so after feb. i know you didnt think that vc sucked? someone has a bad series and everybody throws you under the bus. well lets see who else had bad games that series, hmmmmmmm rashard lewis, matt barnes, jameer nelson, d howard, and pietrus. ok the whole magic team had a bad series. if they had won that series you would probably be all over vince carters jock. the guy was a big part of the magics success. i guess he was running the point and missed d howard all the times he had good position too. i guess he took the players out and put the bench players in too, and didnt play bass that much either. lets blame it all on him. the say paul pierce was abusing him so they put matt barnes on him and what happened. pietrus on him and what happened. yall just cant let it go. we lost, move on.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/vince_carter/index.html

Look at the breakdown by series. He only had one good series. He's more of a liability than an asset. And at $17 million that's unacceptable for a team trying to win a championship.

you dont have to shoot well in order to contribute. if you get double teamed then that opens things for others. lets see he was being guarded by stephen jackson and he still hit some big shots that helped the magic sweep charlotte. his shot was off so he drove to the cup, and if he would have gotten the calls that he should have gotten then things would have been different. against la this year, vince took ron artest to the cup almost every possesion and in that one game he actually got the calls he deserves. check the video of that game.

I already posted about Carter's shot selection during the Bobcats series, so I won't post again, but you're wrong. Most of his shots came from mid range to 3pt range and most of his free throws came from non shooting fouls/technicals (Bobcats were over the foul limit quite a bit).

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Actually, its not a step backwards. It's a lateral move, AT LEAST. VC sucks man. He needs to get like Sheed.

so after feb. i know you didnt think that vc sucked? someone has a bad series and everybody throws you under the bus. well lets see who else had bad games that series, hmmmmmmm rashard lewis, matt barnes, jameer nelson, d howard, and pietrus. ok the whole magic team had a bad series. if they had won that series you would probably be all over vince carters jock. the guy was a big part of the magics success. i guess he was running the point and missed d howard all the times he had good position too. i guess he took the players out and put the bench players in too, and didnt play bass that much either. lets blame it all on him. the say paul pierce was abusing him so they put matt barnes on him and what happened. pietrus on him and what happened. yall just cant let it go. we lost, move on.

Look at the breakdown by series. He only had one good series. He's more of a liability than an asset. And at $17 million that's unacceptable for a team trying to win a championship.

you dont have to shoot well in order to contribute. if you get double teamed then that opens things for others. lets see he was being guarded by stephen jackson and he still hit some big shots that helped the magic sweep charlotte. his shot was off so he drove to the cup, and if he would have gotten the calls that he should have gotten then things would have been different. against la this year, vince took ron artest to the cup almost every possesion and in that one game he actually got the calls he deserves. check the video of that game.

Did you not see how badly Paul Pierce outplayed Vince and absolutely torched him? His defense is atrocious and he can't hit a wide open shot to save his life when it mattered. Stop referring regular season games.

please help me see who else came to play every game. if i remember right, the first game vince was playing by his self, and in the other games that he played really bad, we won. so the argument is dumb. stop looking to blame and accept the loss. kobe shot bad against boston too and they had a better team so they won. maybe if we had pau gasol we would have won too.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Did you not see how badly Paul Pierce outplayed Vince and absolutely torched him? His defense is atrocious and he can't hit a wide open shot to save his life when it mattered. Stop referring regular season games.

please help me see who else came to play every game. if i remember right, the first game vince was playing by his self, and in the other games that he played really bad, we won. so the argument is dumb. stop looking to blame and accept the loss. kobe shot bad against boston too and they had a better team so they won. maybe if we had pau gasol we would have won too.

He played well in 1 game....kind of. If he had any sort of defense to shut paul pierce down or at least control him, instead of letting him torch us for 30 every single game. We would have came out on top.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I already posted about Carter's shot selection during the Bobcats series, so I won't post again, but you're wrong. Most of his shots came from mid range to 3pt range and most of his free throws came from non shooting fouls/technicals (Bobcats were over the foul limit quite a bit).

who won that series?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

He played well in 1 game....kind of. If he had any sort of defense to shut paul pierce down or at least control him, instead of letting him torch us for 30 every single game. We would have came out on top.

what did barnes do against pierce? how about peaches?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

They're not getting paid like Vince now are they? Those are bench players. Lawl.

smile_shardhappy.png

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

There not getting paid like Vince now are they? Those are bench players. Lawl.

smile_shardhappy.png

they are nba players. barnes and peaches are supposed to be defensive players. you could have put anybody on pierce in that series and it wouldnt have mattered. they guy was on fire, and vince was beating him just as easily but when he got to the cup where was the foul? kobe got a chance to see how it feels to play against that celtics[get away with a lot] defense, and he even looked mortal. he shot about 40 percent and he is the games best player.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

who won that series?

That's a terrific way to get away from the subject while pretending to provide some sort of resolution that justified Carter's playing.

quote:
they are nba players. barnes and peaches are supposed to be defensive players. you could have put anybody on pierce in that series and it wouldnt have mattered. they guy was on fire, and vince was beating him just as easily but when he got to the cup where was the foul? kobe got a chance to see how it feels to play against that celtics[get away with a lot] defense, and he even looked mortal. he shot about 40 percent and he is the games best player.

Stop deflecting the blame on vince please. I'm done with this. Vince failed. Bottom line. Take your blinders off..

quote:

quote:

Stop deflecting the blame on vince please. I'm done with this. Vince failed. Bottom line. Take your blinders off..

the magic failed. you can blame him all you want and guess what still no championship. what would have happened if everybody would have showed up in game 1. it would have been a different series, but they didnt so get over it. look forward to next year and stop hating.