Sign in to follow this  
The Solution

CONTRACT WITH TORONTO DONE? (2nd update pg7)

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I'm not sure I can see this going down specfically like this, but I've always thought an Orlando/Toronto Bosh deal was plausible. If Bosh had only been upfront with Toronto last offseason, I bet Orlando could have gotten him for a Gortat, Hedo, JJ type trade.

With that said, I don't see how Orlando has a SnT deal on the table for Bosh right now considering his FA status. How could that exist w/o tampering?

i dont think anything "official" can be put on the table. We can't talk to bosh's agent either.

Im pretty sure GM's can talk about potential trades though.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

To be fair, how often do we iso drive down the lane when Dwight is down low? Clearly one of the two bigs would be running the pick and roll/pop, which has become our go to play.

same result though. i just based it on base offenses.

thanks for backing me up a little bit, im all for getting bosh. I just want somebody to explain to me how exactly bosh will help us win when we still have midget and grandpa in the backcourt.

quote:
Originally posted by onedollerbills:

quote:

quote:

To be fair, how often do we iso drive down the lane when Dwight is down low? Clearly one of the two bigs would be running the pick and roll/pop, which has become our go to play.

thanks for backing me up a little bit, im all for getting bosh. I just want somebody to explain to me how exactly bosh will help us win when we still have midget and grandpa in the backcourt.

lol, i think bosh can help us. It may weaken our depth for one season but the long term advantages to signing someone of his caliber to a long contract would keep our championship window open for a long time.

i just didn't understand his premise that two guys in the post would open up the lane more than our current lineup.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Sacmo:

quote:

what i dont understand is how can bosh help are team more then a dominate wing??? or how can he help at all i really dont think he will make a big difference.

Sorry not flame, but wow. Are you really asking this ?

Not only can bosh take some pressure off howard, but he is a scoring and offensively rebounding machine.

The 2 bigs downlow would open up the floor more for nelson to drive a lot more.

the whole 4 shooters outside on the wing simply isn't going to win us a championship.

vzx0t5.jpg

How exactly will it allow nelson to drive more?

O man 2 plays are going to really make that big of a difference, if u really are going to believe that then so be it.

Its called being able to read the plays and being able to drive in, nelson is very capable of doing this with the right big men down low.

those plays are just guesses. I need more proof then guesstimated plays.

whatever makes u feel better lol.

quote:

O man 2 plays are going to really make that big of a difference, if u really are going to believe that then so be it.

Its called being able to read the plays and being able to drive in, nelson is very capable of doing this with the right big men down low.

those plays are just guesses. I need more proof then guesstimated plays.

whatever makes u feel better lol.

its not even two plays. its two different sets.

Its has nothing to do with who's playing, having more people in the paint is going to clog up the lane more.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

lol, i think bosh can help us. It may weaken our depth for one season but the long term advantages to signing someone of his caliber to a long contract would keep our championship window open for a long time.

i just didn't understand his premise that two guys in the post would open up the lane more than our current lineup.

I really understand your concern for depth, but not having a true PF is hurting us.

4 shooters deep wont win us a championship, it will work well against weak teams, but as we seen teams like boston or the lakers would of beat us.

we need a true PF like Bosh to take some of the fouls and pressure off howard. going back to the 3 traditional outside shooters would make more sense.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I really understand your concern for depth, but not having a true PF is hurting us.

4 shooters deep wont win us a championship, it will work well against weak teams, but as we seen teams like boston or the lakers would of beat us.

we need a true PF like Bosh to take some of the fouls and pressure off howard. going back to the 3 traditional outside shooters would make more sense.

i like bosh but disagree with your premise that we can not win a championship with 4 shooters. I think our philosophy is fine (best three year run in franchise history), we just need the players that are going to step up in high-stress situations.

Lewis playing the 4 isnt the reason we lost. Lewis and Carter playing poorly was the reason we lost.

quote:

With that said, I don't see how Orlando has a S&T deal on the table for Bosh right now considering his FA status. How could that exist w/o tampering?

Toronto is not restricted in anyway in their discussions with Bosh and can sign a letter of intent with the Magic that they are willing to do a S&T conditioned on Bosh's acceptance. The agreement is between Toronto and the Magic.

The Magic can not talk directly to Bosh until July 1st.

Vince back in toronto would be something to see...that would be messed up.

And no this isnt happening, and Orlando isnt getting turk back and why would they want him. He had one good playoffs. I gaurentee he's even more worthless next year.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

Vince back in toronto would be something to see...that would be messed up.

Toronto will be saving a load of money and would most assuredly buy out Carter. Carter would then be free to play for the Magic or another team.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:

With that said, I don't see how Orlando has a S&T deal on the table for Bosh right now considering his FA status. How could that exist w/o tampering?

Toronto is not restricted in anyway in their discussions with Bosh and can sign a letter of intent with the Magic that they are willing to do a S&T conditioned on Bosh's acceptance. The agreement is between Toronto and the Magic.

The Magic can not talk directly to Bosh until July 1st.

Correct me where I'm wrong...

You're either suggesting Colangelo & Otis have a contigency plan in place should Bosh decide he wants to go to Orlando or Bosh has already informed Colangelo he wants to go to Orlando???

I have no idea, but it's surely possible. I would suggest however that Otis would be a fool to consumate the Hedo deal prior to the Bosh deal no matter what Bosh has said to Colangelo & the odds of Hedo promising not to excercise the option on his final year is virtually non-existant.