Sign in to follow this  
MaGiC

Orlando Summer League???

If you acquire a guy on draft night, that's pretty much the same thing as drafting him. I'd say a decent amount of scouting went into the players and a determination was made that they would fit and become good players.

actually, no it really isnt. However, I'm not knocking Otis, those are front office moves ultimately made by the GM, I think Otis has done well and gets some of the worst criticisms by some of the dumbest possible people.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

actually, no it really isnt. However, I'm not knocking Otis, those are front office moves ultimately made by the GM, I think Otis has done well and gets some of the worst criticisms by some of the dumbest possible people.

So if Orlando had first traded for the 20th pick, and then selected Jameer, it would count? But since he was picked at 20, and then Orlando traded for his draft rights that same night, I doesn't look good for Orlando's scouting?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CoachTsurfing:

quote:
Originally posted by Big:

The way Blotis has succeeded with his stellar drafting makes me believe he should just do the opposite of whatever his first instinct is. Or maybe hire the octopus that's picking winners in the world cup.

lol, other then dwight and nelson and now finally jj he hasn't done very well has he.

Orlando didn't draft Jameer Nelson.

I would say that Courtney Lee was a pretty good pickup, as was Stanley Robinson at 59 this year and Orton might be a considerable pick down the line given his position. I just assume most fans with little knowledge want every player drafted to equal the output of lotto players capable of impacting a franchise immediately, totally makes sense.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

courtney lee, marcin gortat, stanley robinson (great value at 59).

Orlando didn't draft Marcin either.

trading for his rights is close enough

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoNKentucky:

Crawford had a good game yesterday.

Anyone think he could be a good potential sign?

no, he always murders Summer League.

True. I think Ewing, Crawford, Adrien, and Randle are all players worth looking into possibly signing.