Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Gortat Offseason Update

He didn't even mention the possibility of going to another team, and kept talking about how he wanted to help this team out and get more minutes at the 5 and 4. I liked how critical he was of his offensive game, and if he really can be a guy you can trust offensively, I definitely think he will indeed get more minutes.

Also, how dare you censor the Polish Hammer???

he has a decent offense game but he's very passive and scared to demand the ball. that's his main problem. i do believe if he got more touches he wouldn't have such butter fingers. I remember seeing a video of him and brandon bass working on post moves and it impressed me a lot.

also he tends to act like a weak lil girl sometimes. I HATE big men who flop. he just needs to gain like another 10-20lbs of muscle and he'll be aight.

but he might get traded anyway.......

17-18'? What kind of pointless goal have Stan & Otis given Marcin to work on over the summer? Gortat ain't gettin more playin time until he can extend that out to 22-24'. Marcin, do yourself a favor. Forget the mid-range j, work on your post game. It will serve you much better.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

He didn't even mention the possibility of going to another team, and kept talking about how he wanted to help this team out and get more minutes at the 5 and 4. I liked how critical he was of his offensive game, and if he really can be a guy you can trust offensively, I definitely think he will indeed get more minutes.

Also, how dare you censor the Polish Hammer???

Haha. From knowing personalities of players when they're being interviewed vs. what they're really like, Marcin Gortat is as real as they come. And thus, he used plenty of profanity when describing how dissatisfied he is with his performance this past season -- most of it rhyming with the word bitty. He's always a pleasure to talk to. Great guy.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

From this I think he might have learned ...

Last year he was in seventh heaven , but this year I think he learned what it's like to be a NBA player.

I had a ton of respect for Gortat until he joined that terrible show.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

17-18'? What kind of pointless goal have Stan & Otis given Marcin to work on over the summer? Gortat ain't gettin more playin time until he can extend that out to 22-24'. Marcin, do yourself a favor. Forget the mid-range j, work on your post game. It will serve you much better.

Amen. This makes me worry about Stan & Otis, honestly...

His defense is good when he brings proper effort, his pick and roll game is also good. He needs to work on his post game, most def.