Sign in to follow this  
BMP

Dwight Howard Wants Changes to Orlando Roster

Sorry if this was already posted, but if it has it's not my fault the person that posted it didn't think to title it something... specific

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/0...s-to-orlando-roster/

quote:
"We've got to learn from our mistakes," Howard said. "Next year, we've got to have guys who are willing to give everything they've got to get wins."

Howard's message to management was clear: His current cast is not equipped to deal with a veteran group as tough and as focused as the Celtics.

"In a series like this, it's not about skill or talent because it's the Eastern Conference championship. Both teams are talented and skilled," Howard said. "It's about who wants it the most, and who is willing to do it for a series. Those guys (Celtics) played like they wanted to win the championship. That's why they are in the position they are now."

quote:
"There's no need to kick ourselves. We went down because we didn't play as hard as we could," Howard said. "You have to play as hard as you can for as long as you can, and everyone didn't do that."

Most disappointing were veterans Rashard Lewis and Carter, the two highest paid players on the team. The Magic added Carter last summer from New Jersey, believing he could provide them a late-game scorer who could create shots for himself and others in the playoffs. Carter averaged just 13.7 points and 3.8 rebounds against Boston while shooting only 36.7 percent from the field. He was badly outplayed by Paul Pierce, his counterpart with the Celtics.

quote:
The Magic are satisfied with point guard Jameer Nelson, but they will be looking for a new and younger backup for next season, allowing Jason Williams to leave as a free agent.

They had hoped that signing free agent power forward Brandon Bass last summer would give Howard help with rebounding and post defense, but he fell out of favor early this season and never recovered. Starting small forward Matt Barnes, with a one-year player option worth $1.6 million, also could be replaced.

They would like to re-sign restricted free agent J.J. Redick, but only at a reasonable cost. It's unlikely that little-used Anthony Johnson or Adonal Foyle will be returning.

quote:

"This is as disappointing as it gets," said Magic coach Stan Van Gundy, who has one year remaining on his contract and is expected to return. "Yeah, it's tough to take. I liked our talent. I liked our commitment throughout the year. When you have that as a coach, you feel like you should be able to get them over the top. It's disappointing that we didn't get the job done."

A lot of it at the end is obvious speculation (who the Magic are keeping and who they aren't), but if this wasn't a direct stab at Carter and Lewis, then color me unINTERESTed?? ha-ha!!!!

Sorry if this was already posted, but if it has it's not my fault the person that posted it didn't think to title it something... specific

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/0...s-to-orlando-roster/

quote:
"We've got to learn from our mistakes," Howard said. "Next year, we've got to have guys who are willing to give everything they've got to get wins."

Howard's message to management was clear: His current cast is not equipped to deal with a veteran group as tough and as focused as the Celtics.

"In a series like this, it's not about skill or talent because it's the Eastern Conference championship. Both teams are talented and skilled," Howard said. "It's about who wants it the most, and who is willing to do it for a series. Those guys (Celtics) played like they wanted to win the championship. That's why they are in the position they are now."

quote:
"There's no need to kick ourselves. We went down because we didn't play as hard as we could," Howard said. "You have to play as hard as you can for as long as you can, and everyone didn't do that."

Most disappointing were veterans Rashard Lewis and Carter, the two highest paid players on the team. The Magic added Carter last summer from New Jersey, believing he could provide them a late-game scorer who could create shots for himself and others in the playoffs. Carter averaged just 13.7 points and 3.8 rebounds against Boston while shooting only 36.7 percent from the field. He was badly outplayed by Paul Pierce, his counterpart with the Celtics.

quote:
The Magic are satisfied with point guard Jameer Nelson, but they will be looking for a new and younger backup for next season, allowing Jason Williams to leave as a free agent.

They had hoped that signing free agent power forward Brandon Bass last summer would give Howard help with rebounding and post defense, but he fell out of favor early this season and never recovered. Starting small forward Matt Barnes, with a one-year player option worth $1.6 million, also could be replaced.

They would like to re-sign restricted free agent J.J. Redick, but only at a reasonable cost. It's unlikely that little-used Anthony Johnson or Adonal Foyle will be returning.

quote:

"This is as disappointing as it gets," said Magic coach Stan Van Gundy, who has one year remaining on his contract and is expected to return. "Yeah, it's tough to take. I liked our talent. I liked our commitment throughout the year. When you have that as a coach, you feel like you should be able to get them over the top. It's disappointing that we didn't get the job done."

A lot of it at the end is obvious speculation (who the Magic are keeping and who they aren't), but if this wasn't a direct stab at Carter and Lewis, then color me unINTERESTed?? ha-ha!!!!

All I hear from Stan and Dwight is that we have the "talent" to win but not the desire. Sounds like both are disappointed with Carter, bye Vince!

translation: vince has to go, and i need help rebounding, i can't do everything all the time

dwight imo showed alot of heart he played his *** off the last 3 games, unfortunately he didn't get any help in game 6.

We need a bigger backup PG and have to decide if bass is gonna be worth keeping. we need a go to scorer who isnt afraid of getting hit.

we got the pg and the big, we are just missing 1 ingredient here

I think it's safe to say that the two definite players not returning in Magic uniform are Carter and Jason Williams. Carter would be a great trade asset despite his poor play. One year left on his contract and in all honesty, he will still sell tickets for sub .500 teams.

I truely hope we keep JJ Redick. He just keeps getting better and better every season. He made some mental errors, but one learns from mistakes hopefully.

Bass will probably go somewhere else because he feels he doesn't fit in with the Magic. I don't think our organization will be able to convince him to stay.

Basically our offseason will come down to trade value and negotiations, since we're already maxed out. It should be interesting. Whatever happens, I'll look forward to October 2010 preseason.

well this is the first change that needs to be made (if you get my drift)

then you get rid of carter and get someone younger.

the funny part is...I was against the vince trade. didn't care for him. i was criticizing the ******* all season long and delusional fans kept saying i didn't know what i was talking about. he disappears in the play offs and now people see what an awful heartless scum bad he really is.

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

well this is the first change that needs to be made (if you get my drift)

then you get rid of carter and get someone younger.

the funny part is...I was against the vince trade. didn't care for him. i was criticizing the ******* all season long and delusional fans kept saying i didn't know what i was talking about. he disappears in the play offs and now people see what an awful heartless scum bad he really is.

Scum bag? I admit he needs to be replaced, but calling him a scum bag is a little much. From what I've seen he is a pretty good human being, does a lot of good work in the community and has for quite some time.

quote:

I heard this on the radio leaving Wall Street and I thought of Vince Carter, maybe Jason Williams too.

I can't think of anyone else on the team that seem to be giving less then 100%.

Vince really disapears in big games and seem to very nonchalant.

Im all for trading VC; but that means we have to pick up a couple of guys with longer contracts more than likely. So , i dunno how that would work.

I think Anderson got to go so Bass becomes the clear backup PF, let go off JWill too.

JJ needs to come back, we have invested too much time on him just to let him go just when he is getting his game together.

Those comments make it clear that he's pretty much talking about Vince.

We'll see what happens, but I'm excited for the offseason. I'm ready to see what Otis has up his sleeves.