Sign in to follow this  
celtsfan

Congrats on a tough series

quote:
Also, did anyone else see during that incident between KG and Dwight, the expression on Rashard's face. I don't think I have ever seen so much emotion out of him in my entire life.

Yes I did! I honestly love Rashard. I think people are being way too hard on him. Someone said this before, but it's NOT his fault that he's being overpaid and it's NOT his fault he's being made to play out of position.

He did EXACTLY what we needed him to do against the bobcats and ATL, which was to play the stretch 4. Unfortunately, the same strategy did not work against the Celtics in the offensive end. It was on SVG to make the proper adjustments and use Bass but he did not.

However, he did play very good defense on KG during most of the series.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:
Also, did anyone else see during that incident between KG and Dwight, the expression on Rashard's face. I don't think I have ever seen so much emotion out of him in my entire life.

Yes I did! I honestly love Rashard. I think people are being way too hard on him. Someone said this before, but it's NOT his fault that he's being overpaid and it's NOT his fault he's being made to play out of position.

He did EXACTLY what we needed him to do against the bobcats and ATL, which was to play the stretch 4. Unfortunately, the same strategy did not work against the Celtics in the offensive end. It was on SVG to make the proper adjustments and use Bass but he did not.

However, he did play very good defense on KG during most of the series.

Yeah, Rashard was PISSED. I thought the same thing when I saw it. I like Rashard too. He is a team player, and is a vocal supporter of SVG and his antics.

quote:
Originally posted by cac67:

quote:
Originally posted by celtsfan:

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:

I wouldn't call them dirty, which to me means deliberately trying to injure or reckless fouling that could cause injury.

So, you didn't see KG trying to break Dwights arm in Game 6....

Haven't heard an explanation on that, but my hunch is that Garnett was furious about the hit on Davis (who he treats like his son), plus he took a couple of Howard's elbows to the head and neck himself earlier. He also knew the refs would be allowing a little payback after the Perkins fiasco.

Perkins "fiasco"? Please. I've seen Howard get T'd up for less...besides one of the T's were rescinded anyway.

It doesn't matter who KG thinks Davis' daddy is...he is a punk *** *****.

Garnett's got a screw loose, everyone knows that. But he's also calculating and smart, and he knew that after Perkins got wrongly tossed in the 2nd qtr of g5, together with the Big baby incident, he was going to get away with some stuff. Plus he'd had enough of Howard. So he took advantage, probably hoping to get Howard's mind off the game and on him. Not a bad tactic, really, even though DH didn't take the bait.

This is why most other basketball fans hate celtics fans. You see one of your players intentionally try to injure one of our players and excuse it.

Perkins getting "wrongly tossed" in the previous game had nothing to do with Dwight, that was on the refs. And Davis was injured because he bodied up under Dwight while he was in the air. Now I don't know if you're aware of this, and I suspect it was news to Davis, but this result was easily predictable if you understand that Superman is just a nick name and he's subject to the law of gravity just like everyone else.

Howard had no intent to injure Davis. Garnett had intent to injure Dwight. You think that's ok. That marks you as just another ******bag Celtics fan despite your civil tone.

You miss my point and to be honest I come in peace. Just giving an honest explanation of why KG would hack on Dwight's arm like that.

The Davis injury and Perk getting wrongly ejected created a situation where Garnett knew he'd get latitude from the refs. That's the way it works in the NBA - when there's a screwup at one end the only way to make it even is to give the other team a break. Garnett decided to spend that by trying to pay back Howard for the hits on himself and Davis. What he did was clearly a technical and should have been called, but to me it seemed like he was trying to aggravate DH and get his mind off the game.

It was not about intent to injure. How does hitting DH on the arm going to injure a guy like that? btw, I don't think anyone thinks DH injured Davis on purpose, but that doesn't mean that Garnett isn't going to strike back anyway.

quote:

How does hitting DH on the arm going to injure a guy like that?

You're kidding, right? He was hitting him on the hand and wrist. There is very little muscle in those areas, as compared to the arm or forearm.

His intent was to break his hand and its VERY obvious to anyone who doesn't have a bias.

quote:
btw, I don't think anyone thinks DH injured Davis on purpose, but that doesn't mean that Garnett isn't going to strike back anyway.

Have you BEEN on the celtics forum recently?

I've heard of a makeup call but what you're described is a calculated malicious attempt based on the idea that the referees allow for retaliation with no repercussions. In particular, wind-ups in front of the world.

There are no excuses for what he did. Save the excuses for the Lakers board.

I wonder if it was Dwight that did the same to kg if you, celtsfan, would be so understanding. Trust me if it was Dwight that did it to kg his arm would have been either broken or so hurt he would not have been able to use it. It's a good thing that punk is so weak for his size. I had respect for kg in Minnesota but he has turned into a real girl since he joined boston.

Could you imagine what the consequences would have been had Dwight intentionally punched KG in the wrist twice? He, no doubt, would have been suspended.

Don't forget that KG had previously (purposely) elbowed Richardson in the head...KG is such a *****.