Sign in to follow this  
iTs JUST zo

Keep Stan?

Did someone just call for Avery Johnson?

The same Avery Johnson who blew a 2-0 lead in the Finals and lost to the eighth seeded Warriors? That Avery Johnson?

Yeah, he's exactly what we need.

smile_svgsad.png

quote:
Originally posted by ginter:

the one thing that really ticks me off about stan is he never tries to get a 2 for 1 at the end of a quarter. Why would you ever not do this?

To get a good quality shot instead of 2 bad ones.

oh noez. I want stan to leave so Iz get ignored!

the argument "no other coach would be able to come to the magic and do what stan does" is absolutely weightless.

would love to know what great coaching stan did in this series as well as last years finals when he decided to play a rusty 50% jameer nelson. oh what a great coach!

if we wanna use the magics record as well as how far they got as proof of stan being a great coach then we might as well admit that mike brown and doc rivers are great coaches as well.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

i would love to get rid of him and his panicking. get someone like avery johnson.

stan is gonna continue to make bad rotations and not make the right corrections until its too late.

the man played bass for like 3 minutes in this game and now bass will more than likely ask to leave. so now who's gonna help dwight in the front court next year? rhino?

what the magic need is a coach that will help develop talent. we had a problem with passing and play making this year that virtually went ignored. all the weaknesses of the magic were exposed in this series. stan got out coached by doc rivers of all people.

Welcome back ElMayi. Say hi to robotmaster when you see him.

For those CSI fans, here's the DNA evidence.

quote:
Originally posted by ElMayi:

@Lewis4thewin

what coach on the market would perform better?

Just about any ex NBA player has 10x better game grasp and knowledge than SVG does. How about some names that are available? I personally wish the Magic would give Avery Johnson a chance. He'd make this team a legit finals contender.

[/b]

quote:

oh noez. I want stan to leave so Iz get ignored!

the argument "no other coach would be able to come to the magic and do what stan does" is absolutely weightless.

would love to know what great coaching stan did in this series as well as last years finals when he decided to play a rusty 50% jameer nelson. oh what a great coach!

if we wanna use the magics record as well as how far they got as proof of stan being a great coach then we might as well admit that mike brown and doc rivers are great coaches as well.

Stan has a regular season win % of 65.4% and a playoff win % of 60%. His teams have never not made the playoffs. His teams have never lost in the first round.

Doc Rivers has a rs win % of 54.3% and a p win % of 53.8%. his team has not made the playoffs 4 times, and lost in the first round 4 times out of a 12 year career.

Mike brown has only coached with lebron. His regular season win % is 66.3 but his playoff win percentage is 59.2%

SVG was criticized for inserting Nelson in last year's finals which backfired on the team. This year, he was out-coached by Doc Rivers. but i still think SVG is still capable of winning a championship. Just a reminder.The stretch 4 philosophy will not work against lakers & boston

i don't care about regular season wins and getting out the first round. that should be a given. i want a championship to happen. stan doesn't know how to coach against boston or the lakers. the stretch 4 doesn't work against them and they don't double team dwight.

stan did not strategize very well in this series. he made doc rivers look like greg pop.

quote:

i don't care about regular season wins and getting out the first round. that should be a given. i want a championship to happen. stan doesn't know how to coach against boston or the lakers. the stretch 4 doesn't work against them and they don't double team dwight.

stan did not strategize very well in this series. he made doc rivers look like greg pop.

you said "if we wanna use the magics record as well as how far they got as proof of stan being a great coach then we might as well admit that mike brown and doc rivers are great coaches as well. "

i showed you records that still indicate that stan is a better coach than mike brown and doc. Doc's team won 11 games the year before they got rondo, allen, Garnett, Pj Brown, Sam Cassell, and James Posey all for nothing.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

You want a championsip, yet, you want Avery Johnson?

The guy choked up a 2-0 lead in the Finals and lost in the first round with a 67 win team.

thats because dallas has foolishly used dirk as a first option and never thought about getting themselves a good sg or sf and making dirk a 2nd option. dirk isn't the type of player you can build a team around. avery had to work with what he had because cuban kept foolishly building a team around dirk.