Sign in to follow this  
fishybashi

KEYS TO BEATING BOSTON

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

and become a celtics fan like Aquarium.

lol. Are you the one saying that Magic would lose before the series even started? I was foolish last year. I actully though we were going to beat the Lakers. Sorry but the truth hurts. I hate the Celtics, but they are just better defensively and offensively than the Magic. You think the ref calls were bad at home? It will be 10x worse on the Celtics home court.

Really I don't think Stan has been outcoached. And you saying that they are better signifies that. We would not have lost two close games if he was outcoached. We would have been blown out.

quote:
Originally posted by apexturbo:

Really I don't think Stan has been outcoached. And you saying that they are better signifies that. We would not have lost two close games if he was outcoached. We would have been blown out.

SVG has not come up with a plan to stop the Celtics offensively. Even JVG said that if SVG cannot come up with a better plan, and it will be a sweep. A loss is a loss regardless- a 3 point loss or 25 point blowout.

That doesnt necessarily point to being 'outcoach'. That isn't just a phrase you can throwout whenever a team loses a game.

quote:
Are you the one saying that Magic would lose before the series even started?

I said they were in danger of losing after game 1. Some people just took negativity, or vulnerability personally as if we were on cavfanatic or something.

Just play Magic basketball and enough with this. EVeryones trying to do it themselves and it's not working. We gotta play OUR game and maek BOSTON adjust.

I hate us trying to adjust to Boston all game/series. It's just like Finals last year. But this time we are actually a better team. Well Boston is def a great team, but overall I believe we are better.

OH and if Bass never plays thatd be pretty ****ty. Which he wont.

I still believe

quote:
Originally posted by fishybashi:

Do not give up yet, Magic! Just take it one game at a time. Game 2 could have been ours with a lucky call there or a lucky drop there. It just didn't happen. Our team is equipped to beat this team if we play aggressive all 4 quarters.

1) We need interior help. The lineup of Gortat and Howard together was going well last night, surprised I didn't see more of it in the 4th.

2) Show up or don't play. SVG needs to find a solution to battle Garnett down low instead of relying on Rashard. He has not shown up these last 2 games. Consider playing Bass?

3) Ball movement. Ball movement. Ball movement. Settling for first option and forcing tough shots "expecting a call" ... not gonna happen with crooked refs like these.

4) Play smart and fast. The Celtics are a strong half court team. Transitions must be fast. We must outrun the old legs of this Geriatric team and use our athleticism to beat them in the full court.

5) Do not rely on free throws or refs calls. We must play our style of game. Look for the open three. Make the extra pass. Again, can't emphasize enough -- Ball Movement!

Any other observations?

The best way for the Magic to beat Boston would be to ask for a re-do or a re-start on the first two games. Without that, not much of a chance - Boston just looks better - hate to say it, but they do. I am really surprised that Boston won two in a row in Orlando and that the Magic would have been lucky to win either game if they had.

I don't know how bad the Magic look? Boston just looks like they can dominate the Magic - the Magic are a good team, but they got their as*es handed to them.

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:

quote:
Originally posted by apexturbo:

SVG has not come up with a plan to stop the Celtics offensively. Even JVG said that if SVG cannot come up with a better plan, and it will be a sweep. A loss is a loss regardless- a 3 point loss or 25 point blowout.

Im sorry, but did u just use something Jeff Van Gundy said to validate your point?

quote:
Originally posted by fishybashi:

1) We need interior help. The lineup of Gortat and Howard together was going well last night, surprised I didn't see more of it in the 4th.

This has been Orlando's achilles heel during the entire SVG era. Roster moves were made to address it, & that versatility wasn't developed. Nobody should be surprised the problem remains, nobody should be surprised it presented itself at some point in the playoffs (thought it would be LAL) & a team can't reinvent itself under the fire of the ECF's.

Despite all the fanboys overexagerrated whining, as my sig says, Anderson is fine, he simply doesn't address the need that has been the Magic's downfall during the SVG era. Never did, never will.

Glad SVG spent a season developing him in the rotation only to realize he's incapable of helping Orlando win when it counts...I've been stunned by this development.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

My one problem with number two is This:

Shard may not be showing up on offense but he has actually done a fantastic job on KG on Defense. So he is certainly not just phoning this series in. What happens when we put in either Bass who KG could shoot over with out jumping, or Ryan Anderson who KG could blow by without a second thought?

Point being lineup changes aren't what needs to be done. Shard at the PF was good enough to beat Boston 3 out of 4 times in the season and Bass played in none of those games by the way.

Shard has done an outstanding job not allowing KG to exploit him defensively, but he's still been consistently exploited by the Boston offense. Shard gives Orlando a lot of versatility in help D on the perimeter, he's a huge liability in the paint any time Dwight can't handle the paint vs. an opponent all by himself.

Maybe Stan will wake up and look to at least give this team more versatility next year or we can look forward to becoming the Pheonix Suns of the East...

Keys to Beating Boston is keeping them moving....

Transition, High Pick and Rolls, Back Screens, Move the ball around, Driving....

Keep Boston moving, keep them thinking...

Another Key.... and my biggest complaint ever...

PRESSURE F-ING RONDO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont just let him stand there and direct traffic.... Are you Serious.... that is what the Cav's did and it is part of the reason why they lost....

We do no give Rondo time to stand there, we pressure him... make him move.... force him... if he is going to run a play... he is going to run the play...

Other than that keep pushing the tempo as much as possible, keep Boston moving and things will gall are way....

1- Ball movement

2- Not being afraid

3- If someone is having a bad game...sent them to the end of the bench. We are way to deep to wait till they get hot (Lewis & Nelson)

4- Don't double team Boston. They're having way too many open shots