Sign in to follow this  
AnotherCavsFan

To all Magic fans...

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

Thank you. We'll take care of the bad ol' Bawstun.

I've noticed on both Cavfanatic and Realcavsfans that many posters there are saying that the Magic are contenders, built the right way and will win it all, while the Cavs don't have the PO chemistry and don't have what it takes.

What is the reason for this change of perspective? Elimination three years straight or the fear of LeBron leaving causing havoc and panic?

I'm not sure...But the way I look at it is, the team has improved talent-wise every year since their demolition in the Finals. Gilbert has spent a lot of money on the team, and Ferry did a good job getting the pieces to win a championship, but sometimes it just isn't enough.

To me, what's going on right now is the same thing that has went on for years...Players win, coaches lose!...Someone's to blame, and they're not going to blame LeBron.

You saw it with Woodson getting booted out of Atlanta. Although they will never contend with teams that play defense and have big men, their front office felt the need to get rid of a good coach.

Mike Brown needs to get the boot, as does Mo Williams.

See the problem is you guys assembled a bunch of talent but never really considered how those pieces fit together. Building around Lebron is fine but why trade for jamison if it pushes hickson to the bench? What was the point of signing powe? Why sign moon (a guy who excels in a fast paced running offense) if your plan is to slow the game down with Shaq?

The best thing that we've done is stick to a basic gameplan of what we want to do and make minor tweaks to hide our weaknesses.

quote:

quote:

I've noticed on both Cavfanatic and Realcavsfans that many posters there are saying that the Magic are contenders, built the right way and will win it all, while the Cavs don't have the PO chemistry and don't have what it takes.

What is the reason for this change of perspective? Elimination three years straight or the fear of LeBron leaving causing havoc and panic?

I'm not sure...But the way I look at it is, the team has improved talent-wise every year since their demolition in the Finals. Gilbert has spent a lot of money on the team, and Ferry did a good job getting the pieces to win a championship, but sometimes it just isn't enough.

To me, what's going on right now is the same thing that has went on for years...Players win, coaches lose!...Someone's to blame, and they're not going to blame LeBron.

You saw it with Woodson getting booted out of Atlanta. Although they will never contend with teams that play defense and have big men, their front office felt the need to get rid of a good coach.

What Cleveland needs, well, other than trying to get LeBron back (I'm not sure why it's better for "us" that he leaves. He'll be back annoying us with some other team..), is to fire Mike Brown and get a coach who knows how to adjust and plan for games. "Do work LeBron" is not a good, solid system.

And regarding other players, Mo is living up to his nickname NoShowMo or Mostradamus, after the Magic/Cavs ECF last year. His lack of defense and disappearance in the Playoffs just isn't something a contender needs.

Shaq wasn't going to help you. He's a big body, but as seen in the Chi series, he had trouble. Orlando would have ran circles around him with pick and rolls for both Dwight and Vince, even Shard. Z is the same story. In short: Get centers who are not close to being fossilized.

Anyways, we could go on and on about what Cleveland needs. Offseason is for that.

What is your take on the Delonte + Gloria James fiasco?

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

See the problem is you guys assembled a bunch of talent but never really considered how those pieces fit together. Building around Lebron is fine but why trade for jamison if it pushes hickson to the bench? What was the point of signing powe? Why sign moon (a guy who excels in a fast paced running offense) if your plan is to slow the game down with Shaq?

The best thing that we've done is stick to a basic gameplan of what we want to do and make minor tweaks to hide our weaknesses.

I understand exactly what you're saying. That's where the rotations come in to play.

I would love a lineup of Mo, West, Moon, Bron, and Hickson on the floor. I still don't understand why they couldn't just play the Celtics and give Shaq 15-20 a game, and let Hickson do work like he has all season. He's not a great player right now, but he thrives off LeBron attacking, and they execute the pick n roll to perfection. Shaq would have helped tremendously against the Magic, but Perkins is no Dwight Howard. He can't run the floor, he can't jump out of the building, there is no need for a 350 lb. man to guard him.

I honestly think anyone could have coached this years team. Mike Brown is a great guy, and always take criticism well, but he just isn't cut out for a championship-driven organization. He'd be better suited for a lower level team.

quote:

What is your take on the Delonte + Gloria James fiasco?

I read that on the ATNBA forum a few minutes ago, and I was literally dumbfounded. I googled it see if there was any details or whatever, and there were SEVERAL articles about it. Although it wouldn't surprise me, I don't see how it could be true. Those guys love LeBron, as he is a great teammate. I can't see one of them disrespecting him that way, but who knows?? Maybe she's easy.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

No if Shaq struggles agianst Boston's Perkins he's going to be torched by Howard.

and a Mo,West, Moon, Bron, Hickson has no chance of winning either.

Not going to argue with you, but that lineup would excel against smaller or unathletic teams.

I personally think it's just BS. Even though Delonte has had his problems in the past, I think he wouldn't go so far as getting off with LeBron's mom. It's just too far, especially at these vulnerable times for Cleveland as a team and a city. IF true, it could be a reason for LeBron to look elsewhere. And if so... More trouble for Delonte.

But best of luck in the future. Hope all goes well for Cleveland because I want a rivalry for years to come. Boston doesn't have much left, so it's down to Orlando and Cleveland to dog it out in the future. Shift in power (LeBron going elsewhere) isn't fun.

Glad you like the Magic board icon_smile.gif

Hey man good luck to the fanbase, i hope LeBron stays too, we all know how it felt when Shaq left here, and if LeBron did such a thing, it would be way, way worse for the city of Cleveland and Cavs fans around the world.

We can't have any dropoff in the way we're executing lately, if we do have any... the Celtics will beat us.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

No if Shaq struggles agianst Boston's Perkins he's going to be torched by Howard.

and a Mo,West, Moon, Bron, Hickson has no chance of winning either.

Not going to argue with you

They grow up so fast

quote:

Although nothing has been achieved just yet, I'd like to congratulate you guys on your trip to the ECF...It's a shame that the 2 best teams in the league(IMO) couldn't duke it out for a spot in the Finals. I will be pulling for Orlando to go all the way since my team won't be.

Again, congrats and good luck the rest of the way.

I'm sure it makes your skin crawl posting comments like this.

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:

Although nothing has been achieved just yet, I'd like to congratulate you guys on your trip to the ECF...It's a shame that the 2 best teams in the league(IMO) couldn't duke it out for a spot in the Finals. I will be pulling for Orlando to go all the way since my team won't be.

Again, congrats and good luck the rest of the way.

I'm sure it makes your skin crawl posting comments like this.

Not really...I'm bummed that we lost, and that I didn't get to see a Cle/Orl ECF, but I said a while back, if they lose, it happens...It saddens me that I don't get to witness the most anticipated ECF since I can remember, but it happens. Orlando is a great team. I don't like them, but the majority of the people on this site, save a few, have been, at the very least, hospitable to me, and I felt it would be gratuitous to give credit where it is due.