Sign in to follow this  
Hank Moody

Bill Simmons Hate

Bill Simmons Article

"I can prove that the 2010 Orlando-Cleveland series will be different than the 2009 Orlando-Cleveland series

Wrote it before, I'll write it again: the 2009 Magic were kryptonite to the 2009 Cavs because of the Turkoglu/Lewis duo, which could only happen because of Dwight Howard's ability to handle the shotblocking/rebounding by himself. Teams had someone to cover Turkoglu or Lewis, but not both of them. It just worked. Swapping Turkoglu for Vince squandered that trump card. Throw in Jamison, Shaq and LeBron's vengeance factor and this feels like a totally different series than last year. Of course

Bill Simmons Article

"I can prove that the 2010 Orlando-Cleveland series will be different than the 2009 Orlando-Cleveland series

Wrote it before, I'll write it again: the 2009 Magic were kryptonite to the 2009 Cavs because of the Turkoglu/Lewis duo, which could only happen because of Dwight Howard's ability to handle the shotblocking/rebounding by himself. Teams had someone to cover Turkoglu or Lewis, but not both of them. It just worked. Swapping Turkoglu for Vince squandered that trump card. Throw in Jamison, Shaq and LeBron's vengeance factor and this feels like a totally different series than last year. Of course