Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

Bass as back-up center?

Considering that the league is moving away from bigger post players could Brandon Bass thrive ad our full time back-up center if Gortat gets traded? I know he's only 6-8 but he has a wide body and is very aggressive going for rebounds. He played some back up center in Dallas and did well. what do you think?

Considering that the league is moving away from bigger post players could Brandon Bass thrive ad our full time back-up center if Gortat gets traded? I know he's only 6-8 but he has a wide body and is very aggressive going for rebounds. He played some back up center in Dallas and did well. what do you think?

Im only going to break break your break break your heart. Im only goin to break break your break break your heart.

Hickson can do it 12-15 minutes a game because his team has other volume rebounders. Orlando has A volume rebounder, and he starts ahead of Gortat. Then there is Gortat, who is an above average rebounding center, and Matt Barnes, who rebounds pretty decently for a wing.

Hickson's not even a Center. Where Shaq is injured, he is starting at Center. Ilgauskas has gotten used to coming off the bench, as well as Varejao. So they inserted Hickson, and it's worked fairly well.

quote:
Originally posted by optics:

we will not follow the cavaliers ..

2043-fail-camera.jpg

Don't turn this into another Hate Cavs thread. We have so many already.

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

If Hickson can do it in Cleveland, Bass can do it in Orlando.

I want Bass on this team and i don't see him accepting spot minutes at the four spot come next season. This is the best way for him to stay with us and get minutes. He's not gonna supplant Ryan at the 4 spot so i would welcome his move. Stan doesn't seem to like using him there though.

The undersized Center gig works. Al Horford is 6'10'' max...I think he's 6'9''....The Hawks team is undersized except for Joe Johnson, who is 6'8'' at the 2...They still win a good share of games.

Bass coming off the bench for Dwight wouldn't be bad at all. Plus, it would help Otis get a key player for next years run if they trade Gortat.

I like Bass as a player but lets be honest .. he just doesnt fit our system @ all. When we first picked him up I thought we would incorporate him to be our big at PF and let Rashard go back to the 3 .. but Stan would rather have 4 other plays stand at the perimeter and let Howard try to grab every rebound possible. My question is .. why use Bass to match up with other teams? Why dont we use him out there at the 4 and let other teams "match up" with us?? Hmmm .. food for thought

Example .. Durant is the same size as Rashard if you dont count his amazing arm length .. he plays the 3 with J green playing the 4 .. big SF's are much more of a matchup problem then a big 4 or undersized 4 .. what do you guys think?