Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

2010 Magic Playoff Theme Song Challenge Featuring Ryan Anderson

Do you guys think this 2:30 time limit is a strict rule? How are they going to provide the beat for the contest and then make the time limit cut off in the middle of the last hook? Makes no sense...

quote:
Originally posted by The Donk:

Do you guys think this 2:30 time limit is a strict rule? How are they going to provide the beat for the contest and then make the time limit cut off in the middle of the last hook? Makes no sense...

Well the limit is from 1:30 to 2:30 for the song... but im thinking they will add it into the intro video that will be shown before they call the roster...

So looking at it that way, 1:30 to 2:30 is perfect... since its really about getting the crowd hyped.

I would love to finish out the whole track, because the beat is that good... Big Up's to Ryan on this...

Maybe the Orlando Magic will make into a complete song, for their Championship video to be sold, when you purchase a years subscription to Sports Illustrated.

Ha Ha Ha Ha...

Cant wait to see what song wins...

this contest is as random (and equally if not more corny) as it could possibly get.

scavenger hunt = good idea

OMMB/Ryan Anderson rap song contest = terrible idea

i pity the fool who has to listen to 600 "rap songs" made by 12 year olds squeaking off beat into a computer mic. I want the best music for our theme, not something involving someone who slapped together something for free tickets..??

-1 Dan Savage

quote:
Originally posted by orlandojnf:

this contest is as random (and equally if not more corny) as it could possibly get.

scavenger hunt = good idea

OMMB/Ryan Anderson rap song contest = terrible idea

-1 Dan Savage

Why is it a terrible idea..?

I think that as a company, you should try and get people involved as much as possible...

In that case "creative" marketing is the best solution...

This is a prime example of creative marketing...

We have seen the Magic come up with some okay ideas and some great ones...

I think this idea is new... actually I dont think any other NBA team has ever done something like this...

So this contest puts us one up on other NBA franchises trying to get their fan base as involved as possible...

Could you imagine if the Lakers would of done something like this.... It would be on ESPN...

Also this gives the "little" guys a chance to show their pride not only for their team. but for their city as well....

This is a golden opportunity for maybe someone becoming recognized for their talent and possibly something more can be gained...

So its a win/win situation for both the Magic and the contestants...

To: barnettej

EpicFail.jpg

i accept your opinion. based on your previous statements however, I hereby declare you a fanboy of this project and mark your post irrelevant.

quote:
Originally posted by orlandojnf:

To: barnettej

EpicFail.jpg

i accept your opinion. based on your previous statements however, I hereby declare you a fanboy of this project and mark your post irrelevant.

So what your saying is that you really dont have a good reason why you hate the idea so much....

That your most likely a hater of the Music genre that is being suggested in this competition...

Which is fine...

And elaborate on your statement...

Yes, I am a fan on this project... Because its creative and something out of the ordinary.