Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

"Referees Suck" Chant

Does the Amway Arena lead the league in the "Referee's Suck' chant? I can't remember hearing it while watching other teams play. I notice that the refs tend to make more bad calls against us when the fans do it. Maybe they should stop.

Does the Amway Arena lead the league in the "Referee's Suck' chant? I can't remember hearing it while watching other teams play. I notice that the refs tend to make more bad calls against us when the fans do it. Maybe they should stop.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

I think we should do it the most during national tv games

I can't lie i enjoy the chant because they make some really stupid calls against us. I Noticed that during the bobcats game they made some horrendous calls and non-calls down the end after the chant. They didn't call the obvious goal tend on Vince's shot and when Dwight made the and1 one ref almost refused to give it to him. It's probably not a good idea to give the zebra's more reason to make crap calls against us.

quote:
Originally posted by Mister 4th Quarter:

I really enjoy the "ref you suck!" chant while attending the games. I actually think our players should join in. but that's just me lol

LMAO! But does it hurt the team?

I believe Dwight got his 5th foul right after the chant. fans should never do that, the refs will make any calls possible if that happens

quote:

quote:

I really enjoy the "ref you suck!" chant while attending the games. I actually think our players should join in. but that's just me lol

they got him with a ticky tack foul during the chant against the bobcata, but in the past that chant has acually gotten a ticky tack foul on the other team pretty quickly, it's nerve wrecking out there for the refs when we do it, it's a college football atmosphere that they're not used to.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

quote:

they got him with a ticky tack foul during the chant against the bobcata, but in the past that chant has acually gotten a ticky tack foul on the other team pretty quickly, it's nerve wrecking out there for the refs when we do it, it's a college football atmosphere that they're not used to.

Interesting perspective. I'm just worried that the refs will begin to feel like the fans are pressuring them and they won't make fair calls.