Sign in to follow this  
onedollerbills

Official Game Thread: Bobcats @ Magic Sun. 3/14/10 6PM

No defensive effort... That hurts more than a loss does. Dwight just watches too many layups go by with out challanging.

I for one can't wait till the playoffs to see our team live up to our potiential.

Probally a good loss for us to refocus...

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

**** might be two in a row, we play the Spurs next.

No reason to lose that one, we get two days off to prepare. Spurs are without Tony Parker, but the Magic have lost their fair share of games to teams with a key player missing. So it's no sure thing, but I see no reason to lose that one.

Losing sucks. Losing to inferior teams is just plain annoying. Good games by Howard, Carter and Pietrus wasted.

Oh well, on to the next...

A loss is a loss and this one doesn't mean a whole lot, but there is one area that concerns me moving forward. Nelson has been playing great lately, no doubt he just had a bad night tonight, but even when he's playing like himself the ball should always be running through Vince in crunch time, that's why they brought him in.

But then, on a night where Nelson is 1/9 or whatever and vince is 6/11 with 3 minutes left, you just cut the lead down to a one possession game, why in god's name would you freeze out Vince and give Nelson complete freedom when he's struggling like that? Even if he's not, why would you not go to Vince who was their best playmaker/scorer the entire night. It wasn't until there was less than a minute left and the game was out of reach that SVG finally went to Vince and he promptly knocked down a three.

Makes no sense to me.

edit - and please don't try to spin my post into a huge anti-Nelson rant, that's not what it is at all. He's been playing great so I'm not going to crucify him for one bad game. But this is a trend I've been seeing for too long now, Vince was brought in for a reason and frankly whoever is calling the plays is not utilizing him properly at all.

You cant deny this one.

Jameer 2-10

Rashard 1-7

Rashard had a bad shooting night, you can understand that, but Jameer completely choked and screwed everything up.

It was embarassing to watch him play tonight, and him pulling up for 3s in crunch time was just epic facepalm.

Dwight, Vince, Pietrus looked great tho. It was beyond me why we didnt get them the ball more, I think SVG tries to hard to balance things out when in reality we could have won this game if we gave them the ball more. And VC needs to ball at the end, that was stupid to not get him the ball and let JaMEer try.

the refs were pretty annoying as well.

Tough loss. Move on. Jameer failed. end of story.

everybody is completely ignoring the fact that the bobcat's defense scheme was the EXACT same one the sixers used in the playoffs last year: let dwight play one on one for practically the whole game and take the other shooters out of it.

nobody got in rhythm, and it being a back to back must have been a huge shock to us. you gotta give 'em credit at least though.

We still got good looks, Vince got some great early looks, Pietrus as well and most of Lewis' misses were great looks as well. Despite what they did and didn't do in the end, all it comes down to is a bad shooting night.