Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

Dwight's the second best player in the leauge!

Dominate Big's win Championships more so than dominate perimeter players....

Wade would of not been a champion without Shaq, same with Kobe

Kobe could not win a championship without Pau

Rockets would of never won without Hakeem

Celtics... Bill Russell

Lakers... Kareem

Blazers.... Bill Walton

76ers... Ervin...

Spurs... Duncan / Robison

Bulls... Jordan (who really never had a dominate big... thank goodness...)

So Dwight would be #1 to build a team around... and looking at what he does that doenst show up as stats... is simply amazing.

On a nightly basis you can see the difference when teams play against us, when Howard is on the bench, then when he is one the floor.

The presence of Dwight, automatically alters the game of opponents.

And the fact that he plays way beyond the athleticism of 99% of all centers... puts him in a situation where he can be ultimately the best center to play the game.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

dwight probably gets at least 1 offensive foul per game just fighting for position and another offensive foul for a flop.

wing players dont put themselves in those situations

This. Which makes what Dwight accomplishes more special. Building around a dominant big is definitely the way to go. look at all the quality points and wings there are in this league. That's why as great as D Wade, Melo, and Chris Paul are they will not hold a candle to D12 when he is on his game.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

dwight probably gets at least 1 offensive foul per game just fighting for position and another offensive foul for a flop.

wing players dont put themselves in those situations

This. Which makes what Dwight accomplishes more special. Building around a dominant big is definitely the way to go. look at all the quality points and wings there are in this league. That's why as great as D Wade, Melo, and Chris Paul are they will not hold a candle to D12 when he is on his game.

yup

there's at least 1 great all star potential wing in every draft. Not so with centers.

2010 wing-evan turner center- demarcus cousins or cole aldrich?

09 wing T evans center-thabeet?

08 wing beasley mayo eric gordon center- lopez

07- durant center- oden

06- wing brandon roy rudy gay center-patrick o'bryant

05- wing granger center bogut

04- wing ben gordon center dwight howard

03- wing lebron carmelo wade center chris kaman

02- wing caron butler center yao ming

01- wing jason richardson joe johnson center tyson chandler

any of the wings (not beasley) could be a championship level wing next to a great center. only brook lopez, dwight, bogut, and yao ming can be a championship level center next to a great wing.

I still don't get how people forget about Kobe so much. Just because he doesn't score as many as Durant doesn't mean Durant is a better player than him.

Kobe Bryant is at least number 2, right behind LeBron. I'd put Dwight at number 5 in the league. So my list would be:

1. LeBron

2. Kobe

3. Carmelo

4. D.Wade

5. Dwight

Dwight will surely be in the top 3 in the years to come.

quote:
Originally posted by BigBuckets:

I still don't get how people forget about Kobe so much. Just because he doesn't score as many as Durant doesn't mean Durant is a better player than him.

Kobe Bryant is at least number 2, right behind LeBron. I'd put Dwight at number 5 in the league. So my list would be:

1. LeBron

2. Kobe

3. Carmelo

4. D.Wade

5. Dwight

It depends on what you consider in your top 5.

I'd say

1) Lebron

2) Kobe

3) Dwight

4) Melo

5) Wade

quote:

1. LeBron

2. Kobe

3. Carmelo

4. D.Wade

5. Dwight

you're right. All we're talking about is true value. Lebron to Kobe, Carmelo, wade, and Durant then that group to Joe johnson, tyreke evans, rudy gay, and gerald wallace doesnt have as big of a gap between the tiers as dwight to lopez kaman bogut bynum to marc gasol, shaq perkins, okafor, haywood.

there's 11 wing players averaging 20 ppg or more.

for center's there's only 3 guys that come close. Kaman, lopez, and Dwight.

Kaman puts up 16 shots per game to get that 19.5 Lopez is the only great player on a historically bad team.

Dwight could be a 28ppg type of guy if we were a mediocre, lower seed playoff team. If he was our legit #1 option instead of our theoretically number 1 option. Dwights stats are a result of 2 (and often 3) guys being legitimate options themselves.

quote:

1. LeBron

2. Kobe

3. Carmelo

4. D.Wade

5. Dwight

didn't the Lakers go like 5-1 without Kobe? Denver 4-1 or something without Melo? I'd like to see Orlando, Cleveland and OKC do that...it boils down to what Most Valuable actually means anymore...

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

1. LeBron

2. Kobe

3. Carmelo

4. D.Wade

5. Dwight

didn't the Lakers go like 5-1 without Kobe? Denver 4-1 or something without Melo? I'd like to see Orlando, Cleveland and OKC do that...it boils down to what Most Valuable actually means anymore...

we haven't lost without dwight...

my top 5:

1.LeBron James

2.Kevin Durant

3.Dwight Howard

4.Kobe Bryant

5.Dirk Nowitzki

then should be Bosh, Melo, Wade, Billups

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

that was last season...would you be willing to test that out for a long stretch? I wouldn't, especially not with this, team this season...I love my team, but no way sir...

depends on who we play during that stretch. With the play of jameer and lewis (my god i dont thing i've seen him drive this much his entire time here) not to mention carters up and down play they can win some games by themselves.

No shot against cleveland, LA, and i guess dallas.

Tough game against Boston, Denver, OKC and Atlanta.

I think we have a great shot of beating everyone else.