Sign in to follow this  
Chase

Offical Game Day Thread! Magic VS Mavericks 8:00 P.M. EST 2/19/10

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

Man it gets really tiresome never holding on to leads. Especially at home. You can give me that "NBA is a game of runs" bull crap, but the best teams hold on to leads and close out games to get wins most of the time. It's just something this team has to overcome or else we aren't going back to the finals. Plain and simple. The ability is there, and I honestly just don't know what's wrong. Just plain inconsistency I suppose. You never know what you're gonna see when the Magic play.

You make alot of good points. The bad rotations are what killed the Magic last night. Peaches making awful shot selections. Turnovers are killing the magic.

lol, the funniest thing about this is that people keep trying to find these other reasons as to why the Magic lost and blahblahblah, when the answer is extremely simple:

1-16 from our bench. That's just downright absurd, and has never happened before. If anything, it was a fluke.

Everyone talks about the deepest team in the league, we're this and that and etc, but when they're all on the court everyone freaks out. They're there to give the starters rest (because we're not the Cavs. We're not going to play our stars 45+ minutes during tight games in the regular season all the time) and some production while the other team has a few starters on their bench.

Now, WHY WOULD HE PUT ALL OF THE BENCH PLAYERS IN THERE? WHY NOT MIX IT UP? Simple... SVG wants the starting five to play together as much as possible, and if he splits their minutes with the starters and in between, they won't get that chemistry we've all been talking about/wanting. Our starting line-up has two new guys that haven't played a lot of games together (and really, Jameer basically took a "break" last season from that), and the more they're able to play together, the better!

No reason to freak out over this loss. Dwight, Jameer, and Vince all had solid games but our bench was not able to help us, which is something we probably have only seen a handful of times this season.

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

Man it gets really tiresome never holding on to leads. Especially at home. You can give me that "NBA is a game of runs" bull crap, but the best teams hold on to leads and close out games to get wins most of the time. It's just something this team has to overcome or else we aren't going back to the finals. Plain and simple. The ability is there, and I honestly just don't know what's wrong. Just plain inconsistency I suppose. You never know what you're gonna see when the Magic play.

Every team blows leads, even the "best" ones. Aren't you forgetting the Cavs series? ****, aren't you forgetting our last game against the Cavs? Boston? Even the Lakers! Granted we didn't win two of them (but it had nothing to do with "blowing a lead", we still came back from huge deficits...

Seriously, how can you not see what was wrong last night? Bench production is so underrated, it seems...

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

No bigger Stan-Fan that me but he totally got on my nerves tonight. To comeback with all the same bench players that could not get anything done at a time when the Mavs where getting hot costs us the game.

At some point he has to make Pietrus understand that if he just going to play for himself, he needs to sit on the bench. If it's true that Bass doesn't play because he misses defensive assignments, at what point in time do you get bench time for messing up the offense.

Speaking of Bass, I saw his limited minutes as a consequence of Ryan's solid play. Except I haven't seen solid play from Ryan in a long while. I'd like to see Brandon get solid minutes for several games and see what happens. Why is it so entrenched that Ryan's the back-up and Bass is a bench warmer?

Yeah, I DVRed the game and just got through watching it.

I just want to thank Stan for reading my post.

quote:

quote:

No bigger Stan-Fan that me but he totally got on my nerves tonight. To comeback with all the same bench players that could not get anything done at a time when the Mavs where getting hot costs us the game.

I'm Stan and I want to say THANK YOU! We won the game because of you!

At some point he has to make Pietrus understand that if he just going to play for himself, he needs to sit on the bench. If it's true that Bass doesn't play because he misses defensive assignments, at what point in time do you get bench time for messing up the offense.

Speaking of Bass, I saw his limited minutes as a consequence of Ryan's solid play. Except I haven't seen solid play from Ryan in a long while. I'd like to see Brandon get solid minutes for several games and see what happens. Why is it so entrenched that Ryan's the back-up and Bass is a bench warmer?

Yeah, I DVRed the game and just got through watching it.

I just want to thank Stan for reading my post.