Sign in to follow this  
livebythe3

Is anyone watching Cavs/Nuggets game

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

What? Not give credit to a great team? It's a given they are a great team. I shouldn't need to say that. Cleveland missed almost 20 foul shots tonight. Why would I give credit to the Nuggets for the Cavs missing 20 foul shots?

There shouldn't have been an overtime, simply put.

I do, however, like how some of you say, "see, everyone is beatable" because they lost their 1st game after the All-Star break, without their backup bigman, which is unfortunate when Andy and Shaq both were in foul trouble the whole game.

You act as though it's a miracle they lost, without a couple very key players. This was a great performance by the Cavs tonight, other than foul shooting.

But, as I said earlier, it was a GREAT game! Melo is without a doubt the #1 or #2 offensive player in the league.

Why is there always an excuse when someone looses a game??? If their main guys got into foul trouble, whose fault is that? The other teams???? If they miss their free throws, whose fault is that, there is no one in front of them to defend the charity shots. There is no excuse when you loose, you just fail to execute whether its missing free throws, getting into foul trouble or turnovers. It's a failure to execute. And goes into the lost column with no explanation at the end of it. Believe I know all those excuses, I'm a Magic's fan. smile_pulpfiction.gif

This loss is an opportunity for the Cavs to work on whatever they need to work on before the playoffs. And at the end of the day, it's a basketball game, and they just made about $200,000 for the 3 hours they played....oh how great it would be to be an athlete. icon_smile.gif

Plain and simple. The Cavs will not beat the Magic, Lakers, or Nuggets in a 7 game series, maybe even the Celtics if they are completely healthy. LeBron has to play perfect every night for them to win against the top teams and ok vs any other team for them to win. LeBron played a perfect game at home tonight and they lost to 1 of the top 4 teams in the league inmy opinion. If he only played 80% of the level he did tonight they lose by 20. So my point is that he will not play like that every game in a series vs the teams I mentioned above and they will not win the series. The addition of Jamison is good for them, but it will not help them beat the Magic or the Lakers. What makes me sick is how screwed up the leagues rules are on buyouts and how a player can return to a team that traded him after he has been bought out. That should not be allowed. The Cavs and Stern are loving this deal as much as the Lakers trade for Gasol a few years ago. Big Z beats up the Magic whenever he plays us even though he does not get many minutes because of fouls, he shoots a very high % and gets alot of rebounds (mostly offensive). The NBA is so screwed up and we will be lucky if we have a season next year. There will be a lock-out next year because Stern and most the owners are retards. BTW SICK SHOT BY MELO OVER prince lebron TO WIN!

quote:
Originally posted by dreamingincolors:

Why is there always an excuse when someone looses a game??? If their main guys got into foul trouble, whose fault is that? The other teams???? If they miss their free throws, whose fault is that, there is no one in front of them to defend the charity shots. There is no excuse when you loose, you just fail to execute whether its missing free throws, getting into foul trouble or turnovers. It's a failure to execute. And goes into the lost column with no explanation at the end of it. Believe I know all those excuses, I'm a Magic's fan. smile_pulpfiction.gif

This loss is an opportunity for the Cavs to work on whatever they need to work on before the playoffs. And at the end of the day, it's a basketball game, and they just made about $200,000 for the 3 hours they played....oh how great it would be to be an athlete. icon_smile.gif

I'm not making an excuse. When you miss almost 20 foul shots, there is a 90% chance you will lose the game. Am I upset they lost? Yes, but I expected the Cavs to be beaten handily by a motivated team(playing for Coach Karl) that had all their players healthy, seeing how we didn't.

I totally accept the loss, and think it gives the team ideas as to what the Nuggets can do. I mean, I can't really knock the defense. There's nothing you can do when your opponent constantly knocks down contested jumpers.

quote:
Originally posted by DERK:

Plain and simple. The Cavs will not beat the Magic, Lakers, or Nuggets in a 7 game series, maybe even the Celtics if they are completely healthy. LeBron has to play perfect every night for them to win against the top teams and ok vs any other team for them to win. LeBron played a perfect game at home tonight and they lost to 1 of the top 4 teams in the league inmy opinion. If he only played 80% of the level he did tonight they lose by 20. So my point is that he will not play like that every game in a series vs the teams I mentioned above and they will not win the series. The addition of Jamison is good for them, but it will not help them beat the Magic or the Lakers. What makes me sick is how screwed up the leagues rules are on buyouts and how a player can return to a team that traded him after he has been bought out. That should not be allowed. The Cavs and Stern are loving this deal as much as the Lakers trade for Gasol a few years ago. Big Z beats up the Magic whenever he plays us even though he does not get many minutes because of fouls, he shoots a very high % and gets alot of rebounds (mostly offensive). The NBA is so screwed up and we will be lucky if we have a season next year. There will be a lock-out next year because Stern and most the owners are retards. BTW SICK SHOT BY MELO OVER prince lebron TO WIN!

Actually, LeBron was far from perfect tonight. Took a lot of questionable shots towards the end of the game, and failed to make a few foul shots down the stretch. He was cold from outside all game.

The Cavs played great tonight. They just didn't make foul shots, simple as that. It's obviously not a game to look into as a disappointment, unless you're talking about foul shots. I can't wait till tomorrow, hopefully Jamison is ready to go.

True..Ft's Can make you or Break you....But u guys were healthy. In my opinion.. LBJ can kill u guys sometimes....Dribble Dribble Dribble BRICK.

quote:

I'm not making an excuse. When you miss almost 20 foul shots, there is a 90% chance you will lose the game. Am I upset they lost? Yes, but I expected the Cavs to be beaten handily by a motivated team(playing for Coach Karl) that had all their players healthy, seeing how we didn't.

I totally accept the loss, and think it gives the team ideas as to what the Nuggets can do. I mean, I can't really knock the defense. There's nothing you can do when your opponent constantly knocks down contested jumpers.

Haha, I think it's funny that you are talking to a Magic's fan about free throw shooting.

quote:
Originally posted by dreamingincolors:

Haha, I think it's funny that you are talking to a Magic's fan about free throw shooting.

I'd rather have Dwight taking free throws as opposed to Shaq, and im about 50000000000000% sure you would too...lol.

James put up numbers that haven't been done in 25 years and they still lost... like somebody else said if he didn't they lose by 20. Great game from both teams! Now if the Kobe-less Lakers can just beat the Celts!

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

I don't think they will miss Z much in this stretch to be honest...

You kiddin me?,..

The Nuggets ran them ragged inside and off the low block without Z giving minutes. Shaq plays the power game and he's lost mobility and agility at that size with his age. Which the Nuggets played in a manner of knowing that and without Z providing those spell minutes. Billups moved the cavaliers small guards like lawn furniture finding Melo and Martin cutting and posting up to have a field day playing off the C cuts and slide rolls beating them to the bucket,..a coaching masterpiece.

LeBron had a monster game but it didn't matter and only made it close with ref help. What you saw is the beginning on another colossal end. Where even when Jamison is inserted and Powe starts getting minutes it's not going to be enough,..there's only one ball and so many minutes and the cavaliers guard situation is still exploitable.

Granted Z is a bit older now but that guy brings a lot to what moderate success the Cavaliers previously achieved. Throughout the years he's taken a lot of flack but on that team throughout the years he'd always been my main focus. Not just because he's such a nice guy but he plays the best tall ball position than any player in the league,..bar none.

Even if they've silently worked a buyout in the deal to get him back in 30 days. I don't think they'll mesh the same and missing him the Cavaliers are going to come up short,..he was bigger to the cavaliers than he is tall.

LeBron didn't leave the court fuming just because he missed that shot. He left that court fuming because he senses if 43 pts, 13 rbs, 15 assts, 2 Stls and 4 Blks even in overtime didn't get it. Where and how they got beat Jamison, Powe nor a better game from Delonte nor little Mo ain't gonna get it,..and you win or lose in series play via those principles.

They did it again { they're only more expensive Toast },...ROTFFLMAO !!!

large_Danny-Ferry-Dan-Gilbert-Mike%20Brown.jpg

quote:

I'd rather have Dwight taking free throws as opposed to Shaq, and im about 50000000000000% sure you would too...lol.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statist...Pct/position/centers

On paper, sure, but Dwight need to learn to make them when the game is close.

Though I will say that Dwight free throw percentage has gone way up. He's gotten a lot better in 2010.