Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

All Star Big Men

How can the nba make all-star games better for elite big men? I was noticing that they have an activity for everyone except them. Skills competition for point guards. Slam dunk competition for points and wing men and forwards, and three point shootout for point, wings and forwards. I know it would be hard to come up with something that would be exciting and crowd pleasing but they should try. What about a shot blocking competition or something? What do you guys think?

How can the nba make all-star games better for elite big men? I was noticing that they have an activity for everyone except them. Skills competition for point guards. Slam dunk competition for points and wing men and forwards, and three point shootout for point, wings and forwards. I know it would be hard to come up with something that would be exciting and crowd pleasing but they should try. What about a shot blocking competition or something? What do you guys think?

quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Mouse:

are you serious?

About the block contest? I'm not saying they should. Just wanted some ideas of what activities they could incorporate for Bigs.

The dunk contest needs to have more creativity, if thats even possible now. Every dunk we see now is a remake of the past. Next year, they should bring back Nate, Dwight, and Kobe as the past dunk contest champions, and then add Lebron as the wild card.

I'd like to see another competition added next year for Centers only, but I don't think a shot blocking competition would be very exciting since your expecting a shot and a block. Maybe they could have a Free Throw shooting contest LOL j/k

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

What they could do to spice up the skill challenge is that they can have Dwight at the end ready to block the PG's layup attempt.

I can just see the images of Dwight getting posterized by Westbrook, Deron or Rose. I don't think so.

quote:
Originally posted by skinnyhoops:

The dunk contest needs to have more creativity, if thats even possible now. Every dunk we see now is a remake of the past. Next year, they should bring back Nate, Dwight, and Kobe as the past dunk contest champions, and then add Lebron as the wild card.

I'd like to see another competition added next year for Centers only, but I don't think a shot blocking competition would be very exciting since your expecting a shot and a block. Maybe they could have a Free Throw shooting contest LOL j/k

+1 They really need to use their creativity to come up with something for the centers and power forwards. The all star skills competition came out of nowhere. I know if they tried they could come up with something.

Dwight and Shaq in a coast to coast challenge, who can bring the ball up, break a life-size Lex Luthor cardboard, dribble the ball between their legs, make a spin through a phonebooth and hit a layup. Pull down the rebound, squeeze air out of as many balls as possible in 30 seconds and then make a full-on run to the other basket but stop at the top of the key and shoot a jumper! If they miss, they will have to take 5 jumpers but if they hit, they can put on a Superman cape and do a nasty Superdunk!

Mhmm...

Yup, the end of the "Who's Superman?" debate!

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

Dwight and Shaq in a coast to coast challenge, who can bring the ball up, break a life-size Lex Luthor cardboard, dribble the ball between their legs, make a spin through a phonebooth and hit a layup. Pull down the rebound, squeeze air out of as many balls as possible in 30 seconds and then make a full-on run to the other basket but stop at the top of the key and shoot a jumper! If they miss, they will have to take 5 jumpers but if they hit, they can put on a Superman cape and do a nasty Superdunk!

Mhmm...

LMAO! I'd pay to see that!

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:

Mhmm...

Yeah me too... maybe, if they miss the layup, they would have to shoot 5 free throws as punishment!

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:

Mhmm...

Yeah me too... maybe, if they miss the layup, they would have to shoot 5 free throws as punishment!

+1 Dwight owns Shaq 1 free throw to none