Sign in to follow this  
Noonskadoodle17

Shaq talking S***

Yes, I'm sure Ewing is furious at the notion that Howard went on publicly to say he'd like to learn things from one of the most dominant big men in the league...

Next up: Ewing quits after Howard mentions he would love to learn the dream shake.

Dwight = Superman

As I recall wasn't Shaq actually a lesser superhero by the name of Steel?

Anyway, Shaw is classless and if he's bitter about it then he certainly doesn't have the Supeman qualities!

First and foremost: Dwight has stated that he never actually claimed the Superman title. The nickname was simply given to him by announcers and fans after the 2008 dunk contest. No one can argue that he is at the very least a "halfway decent" big man, so the name stuck.

Also, when did it become wrong for two players to have the same nickname? (Although I recall Shaq being called the Man of Steel more than actually Superman) And why is it that Shaq would take a nickname so personally? No one is taking anything away from him being one of the greatest of all time. In all honesty, I don't think it even bothers him. I believe he just wants to give ESPN some material to fuel the Orlando-Cleveland rivalry. But I digress....

First, let's get the obvious out of the way. You're an idiot. It's painfully obvious. Now, let's move on.

quote:
Originally posted by nbafan4life12:

Dwight sure does have class after taking someone elses nickname. If you knew anything about Dwight you would know that he didn't give himself that nickname. Shaq was one of his idols growing up, and if you can't see that for what it is, and resort to calling that classless instead of flattery and imitation of an idol, well then, I stand by my opening statement.

One also is tougher while the other is still mentally weak. Here we agree. I mean, obviously you were thinking of the childish antics in the media that Shaq goes through with each of his former teams and team stars when he leaves, or the shots he has been taking at Dwight for over a year now. Or maybe the childish way he reacted to Stan saying he flopped in a game last season against Dwight, when he did, in fact, flop. This after Shaq made it a point to talk trash about Howard leading up to the game, while Howard meanwhile said nothing about Shaq, and you could see that it bothered him emotionally that someone he idolized as a child would treat him in such a manner.

Howard had class when he said Shaq has been in the league for 60 years during the rookie all star game? Shaq had every right to say what he said. LOL... Shaq has been talking trash about Dwight for a long time now, and Dwight finally says something that hints at retaliation? By the way, he said 30, not 60.

The media shouldnt say its Shaq vs Howard if Howard needs a double team to defend Shaq.Dwight doesn't need a double team to guard Shaq. Dwight didn't need a double team to guard Shaq last season. As a matter of fact, and I have to assume that you didn't watch, and that Shaq doesn't remember, but Phoenix CONSTANTLY double teamed Dwight when Shaq was guarding him last season. As soon as Dwight put the ball on the floor, Hill or someone else would come from behind with the double team and try to strip the bal. Now, Shaq calls off the double teams in PART of ONE game, and all of a sudden history is rewritten.

Shaq is probably one of the classiest players in the NBA. You're right. Talking trash about every team/city you leave, the things he has said about Penny, Kobe, Wade, the things he has done to other players (like stealing Nash's television series idea, or ****ing Gilbert Arenas' girl) all smack of the actions of one of the classiest players in the league.

He took Hickson and Delonte under his wing and mentors them. Why would Shaq mentor someone on a different team? And doesnt Howard have Ewing to help mentor him? It's quite common in the league for other playes, especially centers, to take the younger guys under their wings in general. As a matter of fact, Dwight has said, that when he first came into the elague, and the older centers were always helping him out, giving him tips etc, except for Shaq. Ewing is his coach. You know who has real class and was always trying to help Dwight? Rasheed Wallace. Go figure that one out. Shaq is the exception to this league wide respect and behavior. What does that tell you?

It shows the disrespect Howard has if he already has a mentor but wants to have another one. I wonder how Ewing feels about that situationAgain, Ewing is his coach. Paid, on staff, day in day out, coach. Refer to my comments above about older centers mentoring and helping out the younger guys (except of cousre, the ever classy Shaq).

Shaq was a great center, but his attitude is selfish and unrespectable. He's upset over the nickname superman, but who cares! Dwight doesn't care, but apparently Shaq still can't get over it. Acting like a child fighting over superhero reenactments. LOL

It's funny, who was playing in the 2010 ASG and who was sitting on the sidelines? Shaq is the past. Dwight Howard is the present and future.

echo's great post above me put the nail on the head, Shaq doesn't care about developing the other young centers and improving the NBA. He just wants to be Superman LOL

quote:

Dwight sure does have class after taking someone elses nickname. One also is tougher while the other is still mentally weak. Howard had class when he said Shaq has been in the league for 60 years during the rookie all star game? Shaq had every right to say what he said. The media shouldnt say its Shaq vs Howard if Howard needs a double team to defend Shaq. Shaq is probably one of the classiest players in the NBA. He took Hickson and Delonte under his wing and mentors them. Why would Shaq mentor someone on a different team? And doesnt Howard have Ewing to help mentor him? It shows the disrespect Howard has if he already has a mentor but wants to have another one. I wonder how Ewing feels about that situation

I smell a cavs fan! smile_chairshot.gif

quote:
Originally posted by SOWHATDETROIT:

quote:

Dwight sure does have class after taking someone elses nickname. One also is tougher while the other is still mentally weak. Howard had class when he said Shaq has been in the league for 60 years during the rookie all star game? Shaq had every right to say what he said. The media shouldnt say its Shaq vs Howard if Howard needs a double team to defend Shaq. Shaq is probably one of the classiest players in the NBA. He took Hickson and Delonte under his wing and mentors them. Why would Shaq mentor someone on a different team? And doesnt Howard have Ewing to help mentor him? It shows the disrespect Howard has if he already has a mentor but wants to have another one. I wonder how Ewing feels about that situation

I smell a cavs fan! smile_chairshot.gif

LOL one mo time.

So, when did Howard "take" the nickname?

I missed this apparently.

I was under the assumption that Shaq had taken the word "nickname" and made it his own meaning. Not "Superman". Last I checked, nicknames were earned not chosen

You have to compare years in the league not age...Shaqwent to LSU....dwight came right out of high school. You're comparing Shaq 3rd year to dwight's sixth. Take years of service and compare.

Let us know the stats then....bet Shaq dominates him.

quote:

Shaq at 24 was better than Howard at 24. accolades and stats by the age of 24 state otherwise.

Howards defense IMO gets slightly overrated. Coaches, GM's, Scouts, and all non Cav homers would disagree with this statement

He is a better weak side defender than he is a one on one defender Which is why he guards the other teams best front court player in the paint. Go ask David West how the rest of his night went when SVG assigned Howard to guard him in the 4rth quarter

where it was the opposite when Shaq was in his prime.Shaq had no problems guarding the likes of Vlade, Smits, Robinson, Ewing, and Olajuwon

And yes Howard is the better shot blocker and overall basketball player

but how many times does he get called for goal tending a game? I love his aggressiveness. I bet Mike brown would love to have that on his team.

He tries to block every shot that goes up(which isnt that bad lol).Every coach dreams of a defensive presence like him

Seriously if you had a choice between a 24 year old Shaq or a 24 year old Howard to start a team you would take Howard? Penny in his prime playing with Howard, they definitely would not have gotten swept in any playoff series, unlike Shaq.

Could you answer that with a straight face lol? I just did.

We saw what Howard did against the Lakers in the Finals and it wasnt pretty lol. Not nearly as funny as how the Cavs did against the Magic. That was VERY LOL

If that was a 24 year old Shaq against that Lakers frontline the series would have been different We would have gotten swept because that's what Shaq did at the age of 24. Go check it out if you don't believe me.